problems with ebuyer.co.uk

sarkybarky 12:03 28 Feb 03

I need to contact ebuyer.co.uk over a shortage in a delivered order. They recommend using eNotes but after 4 days there is not response. The telephone number given is overloaded, after waiting 1/2 hour to be told that there were still 8 people ahead of me I gave up. I need an email address to complain to. Help please.

medicine hat 12:11 28 Feb 03

Stick with the telephone. Even though it generally takes a long time (thats ok if you're not the bill payer!!!) the staff at the end of the line are very good and will promptly sort you out

sarkybarky 12:20 28 Feb 03

Thanks medicine man. Looking through several weeks of comments it appears that many people have problems with the telephone. Hours of waiting to then be transferred to an answering machine. I wish to get to someone above the fisrt line of contact.

hondabiker 21:34 04 Mar 03

This company may have the cheapest goods around but their support is nothing short of diabolical.
I have been waiting days for a shortfall in items delivered despite an email from them saying it has been sent first class post.
I am not prepared to wait for eternity in a queue on the phone either. There eposts system is also a joke. I would rather pay a few extra quid for a product and get decent support

sarkybarky 22:19 04 Mar 03

My lastest attempt is to write to the MD, snail mail. He should have received it today but eNote is STILL outstanding, no response even though it supposedly is being attended to!

Rick Silva 12:28 06 Mar 03

All I can say is - here's my experience so far.

Sent'em an e-mail, asking for info ('cos it wasn't on the website) as follows:

"Greetings, everyone at e-buyer customer service!
Sorry to bother you, but I had no other choice, since, according to your website, the only way to contact E-buyer via e-mail seems to be through e-notes, and that implies registering, opening account, etc. - when all I need to know is one thing about one of your products, and that is because some info was not provided in the relevant product overview (0 specifications found).
I might register and shop later, but for the time being, one thing at a time...
So I went to the PC Advisor website, and in the Consumerwatch forum I found a thread started by Kevin on last April, from which I got your e-mail from.
The product I would like to know some more, is the - Ebuyer Neon Bubble ATX Midi Tower 350W PSU w/ front USB & audio - BLACK - w/ clear side panel - QuickFind code: 43004)
1) What are the dimensions? (LxWxH)
2) How many 5.25" & 3.5"?
3) Can you tell me if the case (since it is an e-buyer product, I suppose) supports the following motherboards:
- Asus P4G8X Deluxe;
- Aopen AX4R Plus;
- Gigabyte GA-8INXP

Looking forward to know from you, and thanking you in advance,
Cheers,

Rick"

And the reply was:

"Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your email to Ebuyer.

Do not reply to this message - this is an automated reply. The email
address [email protected] is no longer available.
Please read the full message for more information regarding methods of
contacting Ebuyer.

Over the past year, Ebuyer has sought to bring you, the customer, the
best in computer related components / peripherals, and at the lowest
possible prices.

Our mission is to provide a user-friendly, and smooth online account
management system to empower you the customer, with all the tools you
need to administer your own account via the internet such as, editing your
order online, requesting a returns online number, and printing VAT
invoices.

In order to serve you better, and provide a reliable and traceable
means of communicating with Ebuyer, we have introduced E-Notes.

E-Notes have replaced email at Ebuyer and they provide a means for you
to get in contact with Ebuyer staff, and ensure you receive a speedy
and effective response to your query. The email address
[email protected] is not available.

Please visit click here for full
instructions on how to use E-Notes.

If however you are having login difficulties, please read the Login
Problems page
(click here=)
, found in the Help section
(click here)

Our Customer Support telephone line (0870 467 0753) is still available,
should you wish to speak to a member of our team, 9am - 5.30pm (Monday
- Friday)

Regards

Ebuyer Customer Support "

Enough said.

akzah 15:10 06 Mar 03

Its very sad to keep hearing this, Last year in July I bought £300 from Ebuyer and had a techincal question which was anwered in 30mins by there email support.

Also the products arrived after one day and in perfect condition. It sad to see this E Note System fail.

and where is that Ebuyer Staff memeber on pcadvisor forums. Have they fired all there support in the UK and sent them to the USA for there service.

Worried if something fails that I bought from them.

sarkybarky 15:40 06 Mar 03

Well I wrote to Paul Cusack, the owner. No reply to the letter but 2 days later eNote was answered (took 10 days). Well perhaps not answered but a message and the eNote was closed. They claimed that the rest of my stuff was 'while stocks last'. When my order was processed there were 240 left of the 311 that started. Also during the following week all the same stuff was advertised BUT at a higher price.
Nuff said!

Will I buy from them again? Ha Ha.

RomQ 11:05 07 Mar 03

with the E-Notes system is an all too familiar tale: click here

medicine hat 11:16 07 Mar 03

Regulation 6 - (1) A person providing an information society service shall make available to the recipient of the service and any relevant enforcement authority, in a form and manner which is easily, directly and permanently accessible, the following information -

(a) the name of the service provider;

(b) the geographic address at which the service provider is established;

(c) the details of the service provider, including his electronic mail address, which make it possible to contact him rapidly and communicate with him in a direct and effective manner; ...

Are you inferring that Ebuyer is in violation of this Regulation?

Cole53 11:15 08 Mar 03

After using them several times without problems I received an incorrect item for an order (worth many times the ordered item!) The subsequent proceedings lasted over two weeks with the usual E-note lack of response (don't they quote world class service on their page!!) I refused to return the item unless they delivered mine first. This appeared to be a big problem for them and they made me feel the guilty party! I threatened Trading Standards involvement and received an immediate response from their new Customer Care department representative and subsequent replacement of the item. This appears to be the way to go!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017