Problems with connecting to ebuyers website.

steves100 13:16 12 Feb 05

Over the last week I have been have problems connecting to ebuyers website along with others of my friends, but oddly we have found that the site works fine on a dial up connection but not with broadband. Has anyone got any idea what’s going on we have left enotes at ebuyer and emailed our own ISP’s but have not received any answers as yet.

Bebee 14:33 12 Feb 05

I've had some things ordered and delivered over this week, which included quite a bit of browsing the site, and had no problems connecting at all. This is with NTL broadband.

steves100 14:54 12 Feb 05

one of my friend and I use ntl broadband to connect but cant even find the site. another friend used ntl dial up and got straight on also tiscali dial up works fine too.

fuzzyone 15:08 12 Feb 05

click here

try this link.

steves100 15:08 12 Feb 05

I would be grateful if anyone can please try and connect to ebuyer.com using other ISP’s so I can identify if is ntl broadband or ebuyer severs. Maybe it’s a regional problem we are in the Portsmouth Hants area.

fuzzyone 15:09 12 Feb 05

Blueyonder. no problems.

steves100 15:12 12 Feb 05

Thanks Fuzzyone
The link you sent me did not work all i got was The page cannot be displayed.

fuzzyone 15:33 12 Feb 05

in internet explorer, click on Tools-internet options-security, click on default, and apply.

Also tools-internet options-privacy, make sure it is set to medium, and apply.

steves100 15:56 12 Feb 05

Cant find any problems with my system even checked over firewall everything checks out ok and I have no problems connecting to other sites just ebuyer I will wait for emails to be answered maybe that will come up with something.

wiz-king 16:07 12 Feb 05

NTL has a problem with the BT lines in the north of England click here this may also effect other ISP's, also problems down south (jcb's? - it's prime hole digging season).

fuzzyone 16:09 12 Feb 05

steves100,

if you are using ie6, go to tools-internet options-privacy, click on sites, and where it says address of web site, type in the ebuyer url, and click on allow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac