Problems with AVG updates Look here

computernerdiamnot 14:14 01 Apr 04

Just reading my copy of computeractive today and noticed a answer to AVG update problems i have noticed a lot of you have been having. The story was saying that as it is free they dont have the resources to support the site and that due to it being american you should update early in the morning but they provided a link for people still unable to download the latest patch here it is............ click here. this page holds the different updates i hope this helps a bit.

Smiler 14:28 01 Apr 04

download accelerator waited five minutes for a reply from grisoft to download the file and when it did the file was 0kb no good to anyone.

computernerdiamnot 14:42 01 Apr 04

try this right click on AVG Control center click on info tab and look at version number each update has details on what version it will upgrade, look for the update number that has a minimum required version that matches yours and click on it to download. when asked to save select the AVG update folder which should be C:\PROGRAMFILES\GIRSOFT\AVG\UPDATE when file has finished download right click on the AVG icon in system tray and click on run AVG ANTI-VIRUS THE UPDATE SHOULD BE INSTALLED

Smiler 16:09 01 Apr 04

Thanks but I ended up downloading the update for the pro version it was quick and no problems.

Al94 16:31 01 Apr 04

works for me too Smiler

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…