Problem With Time Repairs

athegrate 21:17 22 Jul 03

In their response to an earlier repair under warranty, Time did a good job. Unfortunately they have let me down badly on a second occasion. They collected a scanner which they had supplied for repair but it has not yet been returned in the timescale I expected - this is despite the salesman promising 72 hours repair turnaround as part of the additional (very expensive)warranty which Time sold me.

I rang Time today, and after the usual long wait to get through to a technical advisor, they did not know what was going on. I asked them to call back before the end of the day, but they did'nt. I also emailed Chris at @timecomputers.com but have had no response as yet.

If anyone from Time is following this thread, please help! (The return number for the scanner was 232031)

Gaz 25 01:29 23 Jul 03

Some people never get theirs back!

Time Group - Chris 11:59 23 Jul 03

Hi there,

I've been out of the office for a few days, therefore unable to deal with enquiries directly. However your complaint will be being dealt with by my team. I apologise for the delay.

Please make sure that you have sent me your account number and/or postcode as well as your full name. If you wish to forward me your e-mail again I will make sure that this is sorted within the next 24 hours.

[email protected]

Cheers - Chris

athegrate 09:33 27 Jul 03

Update - Time apparently lost the scanner, but no-one apparently had noticed this until i rang to find out about progress with the repair. Eventually they sent out a replacement scanner which arrived a couple of days ago. Unfortunately this is faulty - I have tried installing it in three different computers without success. Looks like I will need to send this one back as well!

Given that Time did not meet the 72-hour turnaround as promised under the warranty, do I have a case in claimimg back at least some of the cost of the 3-year warranty?

Has anyone else had problems with Visioneer scanners? - the latest which does not work is a 4800 model.

british bulldog 17:11 29 Jul 03

you havent got a prayer of gettin any money back from time,taken me 4 months to get a working computer out of them,5th time of asking they have supplied me with a replacement that actually works at the moment!!they wouldnt give me my money back or even compensation for my 4 month wait,so youve got more chance of hell freezin over im afraid!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…