problem returning faulty goods

anr 15:02 24 Mar 06

I bought a TV Tuner from Aria. It doesn't work - tried different antennae etc, but nothing.

Asked for an RMA number to return, but their site automatically prevents one being allocated, with a message saying "This is under manufacturers warranty - visit their website".

The manufacturer (MSI) doesn't have a working UK link on his site with no other indication as to what to do.

So far, Aria won't respond to e-mails. This is the 2nd time they've done this to me.

Question- I thought that under the "Sale of Goods Act" or similar the liability lay with the vendor (Aria). Can someone confirm this, or put me right.

Many thanks.

Stuartli 16:54 24 Mar 06

It does lie with the seller.

spuds 18:30 24 Mar 06

Under the terms of UK consumer law, your contract is with the supplier, not the manufacturer.

Trading Standards information click here

If you want person to person advice, try Consumer Direct, a free service but the telephone call is charged at local rates. click here

Mikè 21:28 24 Mar 06

Have you tried ringing them? they (Aria) do give a contact number on their site.

anr 08:02 31 Mar 06

Many thanks to those who replied. While not acknowledging any liability, Aria have now issued an RMA number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac