Problem reading pdf files

firhill 12:35 14 Feb 03

I have Acrobat 3.01 and could always read email from the one same source that were sent to me and downloaded on my AOL. On the most recent one I could not open and get this message.
"Acrobat could not open because it is either not a supported file type or because the file is corrupted for ex: sent via email as an attachment"
I has always been sent this way? I have even down loaded Acrobat 5.0 to see if they will open but it will not. Any help would be appreciated to throw light on the matter.

recap 13:00 14 Feb 03

firhill, I would get in touch with the person that sent it and ask them to re-send it. The newer one you may be able to open.

Stuartli 13:01 14 Feb 03

This may help:

click here

€dstow 14:25 14 Feb 03

It is best to remove earlier versions of Acrobat Reader before installing a new one.

€d

Stuartli 16:02 14 Feb 03

I have Acrobat Reader versions 3, 4 and 5 installed - no conflicts.

Some sources seem to go for version three, others four and the remainder five.

€dstow 16:24 14 Feb 03

It may work on yours, it may not on some others. I did put "It is best to - - " and I hold by that, having had a disaster by having two versions competing to read a document.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…