A problem with Microland

It's Me 15:35 24 May 04

After much thought I finally decided to buy a 'configure your own PC' from Microland. I had various conversations with Richard and finally had to order on line. (they don't take orders for configure your owns on the 'phone). I ordered on the 7th May and received an Email back. On tghe 10th May I received another Email saying that there was a problem with my credit card details and they were canceliing the order and returning the money to my credit card and would inform me of that event by Email. However if I wanted to reorder the item I could phone. Again I spoke to Richard on the 10th May; after taking my card details again, he couldn't understand why the original order hadn't gone through. I re-ordored.
I received an invoice after a couple of days which had an item missing off it, so I phoned again and Richard sorted it and sent me another invoice which was correct this time. Delivery is in 21 days.
Last week I received my Credit card statement. The £1282.02 had been taken out twice by Microland on the 7th and 10th and there was no refund. I immediately checked that the
refund had still not appeared since the date of the statement, it hadn't. Phoned Microland on 18th May and spoke to Lenne (?) and was told that Richard no longer worked there! and that my refund was in the 'out'tray for action. Today I have checked my Credit Card, nothing, and of course I have received no Email.
I now have the most bad feelings about all this. Iknow that I have to wait for the 21 days for the computer, but what should I do about the double payment. It just doesnt seem right that what Lenne says is a faulty system means that they get the use of my money for all this time.

The part of your post that sticks out a mile is the e-mail you received saying there was a problem with your credit card, and they would be refunding your money.Did you ask them what exactly the credit card problem was that allowed them to take the money out in the first place, and then needed to refund it?
I am sure Microland is a sound company that sadly, like so many companies these days, employs less than competent staff.

It's Me 17:02 24 May 04

Yes I did ask what the problem was. Richard said that they were extra careful with Internet sales and that this sometimes happened. Later I was told that they used a third party to deal with Internet orders and that they knew that it had a fault in its system, but that this third party was not interested in putting the system right. All of which I find a lot odd.

spuds 19:25 24 May 04

Contact Microland again, and if you are not happy with the situation, then inform your credit card company for further guidance.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:43 24 May 04

If I were you I would be on the phone to the credit card company right away. There are a few things that do not sound right or seem to be unusual coincidence. Play safe.

G

It's Me 11:59 25 May 04

Thanks for the advice. I have spoken to my credit card company and they are now proceeding with the matter by first of all disputing the double payment and then requesting explanation.
I just hope it all works out OK.
Why do people make life so difficult and worrying?

Thanks for the advice. I have spoken to my credit card company and they are now proceeding with the matter by first of all disputing the double payment and then requesting explanation.

carolyne 23:28 14 Jul 04

its me
i hope all goes well for you,£1282.02 twice is alot to lose. you are 1 of many (including myself) who have had such a bad time with microland. but magazines (including pc advisor) highly rate this company. they still have money of mine, but like you my c/c can retrieve the money, but just think of the poor guys and girls who have ordered on a debit card, will these people get refund? because i know microland are not intrested in refunds. plz keep us upto date on your situation, and once again good luck. PC ADVISOR WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED!!!! DO SOMETHING

It's Me 12:15 15 Jul 04

I did manage to get back the first payment, but not thanks to my Credit Card Company, who seem to have an exteemly long winded proceedure concerning what they call 'disputed amounts'. After I had received that back I then went on to press Microland on delivery of the ordered machine, only to be told, 31 days after the order, that they were waiting for the motherboard. I saw red, managed to control my anger on the phone, and on the basis that they hadn't even started building my order (after all the motherboard is the very start), I asked how I could cancel and was told that I could do it there and then, so I did and insisted on a note from them confirming the cancellation.
Now that I have cancelled I am on my own trying to get my money back. And your message, Carolyne, makes me feel worse than ever. It was cancelled on the 11th June by the way. As you say, all the mags seem to regard the firm as the best thing since sliced bread, but I beg to demure.

It's Me 12:17 15 Jul 04

Now how did that manage to get on there twice?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…