Problem with Iomart

edennorman 11:39 28 Jun 04

A company called Iomart is in the habit of cold calling potential customers with a view to providing website promotion services. Beware!

I wanted this service and signed up with the company, essentialy they were to provide a doorway page and promote it. Six months down the line the doorway page was still not up and functioning, I do not have the space here to catalogue the blunders, mistakes and genral incompetence demonstrated by the company during this period, suffice to say that I came to dread contacting them. Eventually I had had enough and told them I wanted my money back, they informed me that I had entered into a contract with them and it was not their policy to afford refunds. I visited my solicitor who told me that in fact Iomart had breached their own contract to supply me with services and that I could take them to court on that basis to recover my money. It actually took many letters, the final one telling them that I was about to file a claim in the small claims court before they reluctantly reimbursed me. I am still considering suing Iomart for damages.
So if you get an unasked for telephone call from Iomart asking if you would like them to promote your website...Beware....luckily I tape recorded all conversations between myself and Iomart so I could prove the staggering incompetence of it's staff over a six month period.

Oh No! Not Iomart....

Richard Norman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…