Problem with Graphic Card

O-NO 09:03 11 May 05

I bought a graphic card (x800xt)Sept 04 that has developed graphical corruption.

The card was returned to where I bought it from and returned to me stating they could not find fault but on the photo evidence I supplied recognised all was not well and suggested fault with my PC.

I have tried the card in two other PC' with same result after a time, also I have another x800xt that performs with no problem at all.

Where does this leave me? they will not recognise a fault with the card....you can never get through on the phone and now will not reply to my emails........I have done nothing but be polite to them.......I am at a total loss as what to do next (if there is anything I can do)I have never been in this situation before.

Lettervanman 11:59 11 May 05

Hi!
I am very interested in your problem,I have a Radeon x800 Pro and also have a Corruption problem. Can you describe what your screen looks like, mine has vertical columns of fine multi colour lines.
It happens randomly and when I am doing various things. I can't make it happen, and sometimes the computer will run all day with no problem.

O-NO 12:08 11 May 05

Hi mine can be only described as missing textures in the form of white blocks that I am led to believe is down to memory fault on the card.

Lettervanman 12:18 11 May 05

Thanks for that,it would seem that we are seeing different things but may be caused by same problem.
My computer is not yet six months old and under guarantee,the card has been replaced with what I am told is a new one,but the problem is still evident.
There are various similar problems reported if you do a search on Google.
I have an AMD Athlon 3800 with 1 GB of ram,how about you?

O-NO 12:23 11 May 05

AMD64 3700, 2G of RAM......no problem with my 2nd X800XT though.

Lettervanman 12:31 11 May 05

Similar set up then,I am waiting for another home visit from engineer.Like you I sent photographic evidence and the diagnosis was "hardware problem" I will post results after this visit.

O-NO 12:35 11 May 05

Be interested to know the outcome.....goodluck.

simonp1 10:21 12 May 05

Just a thought guys, did u overclock your card at all??

Also somtimes HEAT can create the problems your having

Lettervanman 10:54 12 May 05

In my case no,all running standard as supplied.
Also mine can do it's "thing" when idle,with screen saver,or writing email. So not working hard. Strangely,it has never done it when using Flight Sim.even if left on auto pilot for ages!

O-NO 10:55 12 May 05

simonp1

No overclocking here..........like I said I have another X800XT performing in the same enviroment without any problem.

Colin 16:50 12 May 05

What version drivers are you using? The latest ones are 5.4.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…