Problem Buying from Dell

Clearcomms 15:37 21 Oct 05

I like Dell computers - good machines at good prices, and as I live in France it's good that I can specify a QWERTY keyboard and software in English. My wife has a Dell, and I've bought several for other people.
This week I've been trying to help my neighbour buy a Dell.
Here is the story so far.

Monday
Visit Dell web site and "buy" computer using neighbour's Carte Bleu (French Bank Card). Offer includes free delivery, but only valif till Tuesday.

Tuesday
E-mail from Dell saying there'sd a problem. Turns out the card has a limit that's too low for the purchase
Phone Dell and arrange to pay for the PC on my card. Assured it will happen.

Wednesday
E-mail from man at Dell saying the card payment has been refused by my bank, and telling me to go to the web site and make the purchase again. Don't want to do this because of the "free delivery" option on the original order.
E-mail the man at Dell

Thursday
No reply, so I e-mail him again. No reply.
Phone Dell - after 15 minutes on the phone (at a price) and connections that may have included India, reach someone whose line is so bad we can't really understand each other. He takes my numbner and says he'll phone me back. No call arrives.
Phone again, and reach a lady who listens, and says she will remake the order and e-mail or phone me next day when it has happened.

Friday
Nothing arrives in the morning, so in the afternoon I phone her again. She has not been able to reorder the machine as it sounds as if nobody is replying to her e-mails. I sympathise. She promises to call me Monday, by which time she hopes to have remade my order.

Now as I say Dell are good, and have a generally good reputation for customer service. So what should I do now (bearing in mind that re-doing the order myself isn't an option, as my neighbour would have to pay over 80 € for delivery that was originally free).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…