Printing....no computer required

restless 18:46 13 May 05

Hi looking to buy one of these printers to use with my dig camera and camera on phone.Have been looking at Epson picturemate.Does anyone own one that could reccommend?

Not really fussed with printing speeds but print quality and refils etc are important.

Thanks

jack 20:01 13 May 05

Picture mate is an inkject - with a unquie ink/paper cartige at about £30 to give 100 6x4's
Clone are available for half that price from click here among others

The R300 is a regular photo inkjet with camera port and card slots, will also run from 'puter
lots of ink about at good prices.

Then there are the 'Dye Sub' machines that come with a dyeto paper transfer system- with the material in a pack comnes out at about 50p or so for a 6x4
the results a truly photographic- Canon,Sony,Olypmus
who also do an A4 version
If this type of priinter interests you take a look also at click here

jack 20:02 13 May 05

Picture mate is an inkject - with a unquie ink/paper cartige at about £30 to give 100 6x4's
Clone are available for half that price from click here among others

The R300 is a regular photo inkjet with camera port and card slots, will also run from 'puter
lots of ink about at good prices.

Then there are the 'Dye Sub' machines that come with a dyeto paper transfer system- with the material in a pack comnes out at about 50p or so for a 6x4
the results a truly photographic- Canon,Sony,Olympus who also do an A4 version
If this type of priinter interests you take a look also at click here

restless 20:14 13 May 05

I already have a lexmark photo printer with card slot,but to be honest have rarely used it for photos,i find it to akward,I like the way the picturemate is portable and prints 6/4 with no input from me.

Yes heard about the dye sub machines....supposed to be better at preserving ur pictures but think an inkjet is more for me.

What other makes of printer are there that would be equal to the picturemate?

bloodstone 20:23 13 May 05

I priced one myself and was told that 6 x 4 prints worked out at 30p each.
Checked out the local supermarket and they do 6 x 4s for 19p.

Totally-braindead 22:35 13 May 05

My niece has the Kodak one can't remember the name of it, got it bundled with her camera at Xmas. Very good picture quality but she can't afford to run it, its far too expensive. Personally I'd go for a photo quality inkjet like the R200, if you want one which can print without the PC then the R300. Both give excellent quality prints and are cheap to run. My niece by the way is buying a R200.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…