Printers which do saddle stitch

propertyguru 21:09 14 Mar 08

Does anyone know of a cost effective and small colour printer which prints both sides and does saddle stitch preferably A4 => A5 or if necessary, A3=> A4? All the printers I have come across seem to be huge!

Thanks in advance!

Zaphod 3 10:18 15 Mar 08

I work in the print department for a large company in London, and I am afraid there is no such beasty meeting your requirements for the small occasional job.

You maybe better off going to a local print or copy shop to discuss your requirements.

propertyguru 18:56 16 Mar 08

We currently print c. 3 documents a week using saddle stitch as above at a cost of approx £35 a time. Our business is expanding and I think this is going to increase so if anyone knows of a small printer which will do saddle stitch and colour printing on both sides, I'd be very grateful for the info!

jack 20:07 16 Mar 08

It gets printed, is collated[by hand or on a collator is then stitched - 3 distinct functions three distinct machines
Even magazine printing when the units are coupled together- they are 3 distinct functions.

wiz-king 20:40 16 Mar 08

I would try click here most of the Toshiba machines are B&W but they may know if the stitcher attachment can be fitted onto one of the colour machines.

wiz-king 20:49 16 Mar 08
  Woolwell 21:12 16 Mar 08

You may not want a printer but a colour copier that can be linked to your PC. At work we have a Canon copier which effectively acts also as a printer for our PC's. You can get copiers that have saddle stitch attachments eg click here. You may be able to rent a copier or replace your existing photocopier.
You need to cost out everything though (paper, running costs, hire/maintenance, etc). It may be cheaper to go to your local print shop.

Woolwell 21:13 16 Mar 08

Just noticed that you stated small - I don't think that is really possible.

MCE2K5 21:51 16 Mar 08

Right, Lets see if I have got this correct, You want to make Booklets, Saddle Stitched like click here.

The Machines you have seen are Huge & Expensive, Right.

Booklets 'Home Made' on the cheap, Can & Are made with 1: A Duplex Colour Laser Printer click here

2: A Long Reach Stapler click here

3: A Guillotine click here

4: Plus a little bit of Enbow Grease,

Picking the 3 Cheapest, Total = £345.84 + Paper + Card.

Well under £1,300.00 Price Tag I saw last night, When I did a search for Saddle Stitch.

Woolwell 23:37 16 Mar 08

MCE2K5
What you have to factor in is the time taken to staple together the booklets and then cost the labour.

MCE2K5 23:39 16 Mar 08

It used to take me about 4 minutes per 12 sheets A4 (Printed, Stapled & Cut).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…