printers-hp7260 v. canonIP5000?

Kegsy 18:21 18 Dec 04

I need a new printer mainly for decent quality photos, price max £180.
The HP photosmart 7260 does 2400 x 1200 resolution and uses 2 tricolour cartridges to give effective 6 ink printing.
This was my first choice at about £90 until I saw the Canon ip 5000, which does 9600 x 2400 res. with 3 separate colour carts and a grayscale cart (in addition to the black cart).
Rather more expensive at around £160.
So whats the best option in terms of photo quality. Does anyone have any opinions/advice around this?

Cybermaxx 18:54 18 Dec 04

I bought an HP 7260 from Currys a couple of months ago for £49.99. I haven't used it much yet, although it's memory card slots came in handy when I bought my digital camera (it uses xD picture cards, and the card reader on my PC doesn't support this format!).

The 7260 is now discontinued according to the HP site, so you should be able to pick one cheaply. Bear in mind though, that it doesn't have a black No.56 cartridge included with it, just a tri-colour and a photo cartridge.

Kodan 21:04 18 Dec 04

Maybe they have run out, but a few weeks ago I bought an HP 7660 for 75 pounds, at Argos. I am VERY impressed by the quality of its output, even on bog standard cheap photocopy paper. On cheap glossy photo paper I got results that stunned me with their colour and crispness.

And I no longer have to find that pootling little cable I had to use to download images from my camera to the PC - the HP has lots of mem-card slots, and made an even better job of doing the transfer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…