Printer technologies

ricvic 13:02 07 Apr 03

I've always assumed that inkjet printers are cheap to buy but expensive to run, whereas laser printers are cheap to run but expensive to buy.

I print approx 2000 documents per month in a home office, about half of which are multiple copies of a single document. Currently I print originals on a Xerox inkjet and photocopy, but the convergence of the technologies suggests that when the photocopier gives up (as it will soon!) a heavier duty printer/scanner would produce better documents and would be overall cheaper. The SOHO runs on a very tight budget.

I would welcome your thoughts and experiences in this area. I note that Lexmark consistently gains favourable comment on this site.

R

pj123 21:28 07 Apr 03

Lexmark printers ink replacement cartridges are around £23 each. If you go for something like an Epson C20 the ink cartridges are £2.50 each. It may take a little longer to print the amount of documents you need but it has to be far cheaper.

The Epson C20 printers are few at the moment but if you want to try one email me and i will get one to you at £37 plus carriage.

Pete

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…