PRINTER OPINIONS

timothy44 10:21 31 Mar 03

Hi, I'm just about to change my Lexmark X73 for their new all in one the X5150 and wondered if anyone out there had this model and if so what they thought about the photo output quality?

Coaster3 15:41 31 Mar 03

I can't comment on the Lexmark machine but have you considered that, if one part of an 'all in one machine' goes wrong, then you've lost the lot while it is being repaired?

lemon2 18:26 31 Mar 03

All in one machines, whilst they can do everything, they don't do it as well as their stand alone counterparts.

If you want to print quality photos, get a dedicated photoprinter ink jet. If quality is not as important as economy go with an all in one

timothy44 01:11 01 Apr 03

my question was not regarding all-in-ones versus stand alones, but only sought someone with this printer and since I already have a all-in-one I am aware of their merits, however I have now bought said printer and can report that there is no compromise on quality as with resolution of 4800 can more than match dedicated printers. I appreciate it is whatever you're used to.

dac2000_uk 15:51 09 Aug 03

Hi Tim, I dont have a lexmark all in one but I have an epson CX3200 and I recommend it! the quality is excellent. I've heard that in general lexmark printers are slow, noisy and the quality is no where near that of canon, hp etc. However on the good side they are cheap to buy new. if you are wanting photo quality then I reccomend the epson cx3200 (5760 optimised dpi) or the new HP all in ones (for example the psc 2210 which has built in card readers for the cards from digital cameras! A useful feature.) I think your better putting a little more money in and getting a hp or epson all in one which better as far as quality goes but that would be upto you if you wanted to stick by another lexmark. Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…