Printer ink cartridges

WHU 22:29 27 Nov 03

Has anyone ever purchased ink cartridges other than the recommended branded type. I have an Epson C82 and am getting fed up with paying about £65 for a set of new cartridges everytime. I have been looking at a few websites offering non-branded cartridges, which are a fraction of the cost. Has anyone ever used these before, and how do they compare?

rev.bem 23:05 27 Nov 03

Try choice stationery

click here

I buy all my Epson compatible cartriges here best prices and excellent service,if you run a search of this forum you will find nothing but praise for them.

Bamber-Gascoigne 10:54 28 Nov 03

Totally agree. Choice stationery are excellent with superb multibuy offers. I could have rebought my Epson C62 printer several times over the money I've saved in the last year.

simonp1 12:03 28 Nov 03

PC world also do a very good range..my local shop sells them also for £6.99. I have used them for normal and photo printing and i can see the difference apart from price.

shifty 14:29 28 Nov 03

I tried the comatibles from various suppliers inc choice stationary for my Epson C70 and C82 printers, but gave up after too many rejects. Not a problem with cartridges more a problem with how Epson have set there printers. If I managed to install a compatible I could not directly install a replacement straight after, I always ended up installing an orginal. Got so fed up with the high cost of ink and cartridge failures I swapped over to HP printers with no chipped cartridges.

WHU 19:31 28 Nov 03

Cheers. Will give Choice a try next time a need some cartridges. For the money i could save, its worth the try.

The Spires 20:34 28 Nov 03

I think the problem with Epsons fixed head type occur if you run the cartridges dry or use the printer infrequently. I have only ever used compatible cartridges in Epson's & never had a dud. If you use your printer less than every day a HP type with replaceable heads is preferable.

Indigo 1 02:44 29 Nov 03

I tried the refillable cartriges one time but got fed up with poor ink quality (ok for web pages and that's about it) and it was a bit messy with all them syringes etc.
But never had a problem with compatibles for my Epson Photo 870

Bamber-Gascoigne 12:09 29 Nov 03

I've only used compatables with Epson printers and I've never had a problem with rejects. But then my printer is used daily

WHU 14:03 29 Nov 03

I dont tend to use my printer everyday. Probably use it on average about 3 times a week or so. Mainly used just for basic printing ie. web pages and emails, with the option of sometimes printing photos. Are you saying that as i dont use it everyday, that i may have a problem with compatables?
Thanks.

doriena 15:00 29 Nov 03

I can only endorse what Bamber-Gascoigne said about Choice Stationey. I have been using them for asome time with no problems whatsoever
Doriena

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…