Printer ink cartridges

WHU 22:29 27 Nov 03

Has anyone ever purchased ink cartridges other than the recommended branded type. I have an Epson C82 and am getting fed up with paying about £65 for a set of new cartridges everytime. I have been looking at a few websites offering non-branded cartridges, which are a fraction of the cost. Has anyone ever used these before, and how do they compare?

rev.bem 23:05 27 Nov 03

Try choice stationery

click here

I buy all my Epson compatible cartriges here best prices and excellent service,if you run a search of this forum you will find nothing but praise for them.

Bamber-Gascoigne 10:54 28 Nov 03

Totally agree. Choice stationery are excellent with superb multibuy offers. I could have rebought my Epson C62 printer several times over the money I've saved in the last year.

simonp1 12:03 28 Nov 03

PC world also do a very good range..my local shop sells them also for £6.99. I have used them for normal and photo printing and i can see the difference apart from price.

shifty 14:29 28 Nov 03

I tried the comatibles from various suppliers inc choice stationary for my Epson C70 and C82 printers, but gave up after too many rejects. Not a problem with cartridges more a problem with how Epson have set there printers. If I managed to install a compatible I could not directly install a replacement straight after, I always ended up installing an orginal. Got so fed up with the high cost of ink and cartridge failures I swapped over to HP printers with no chipped cartridges.

WHU 19:31 28 Nov 03

Cheers. Will give Choice a try next time a need some cartridges. For the money i could save, its worth the try.

The Spires 20:34 28 Nov 03

I think the problem with Epsons fixed head type occur if you run the cartridges dry or use the printer infrequently. I have only ever used compatible cartridges in Epson's & never had a dud. If you use your printer less than every day a HP type with replaceable heads is preferable.

Indigo 1 02:44 29 Nov 03

I tried the refillable cartriges one time but got fed up with poor ink quality (ok for web pages and that's about it) and it was a bit messy with all them syringes etc.
But never had a problem with compatibles for my Epson Photo 870

Bamber-Gascoigne 12:09 29 Nov 03

I've only used compatables with Epson printers and I've never had a problem with rejects. But then my printer is used daily

WHU 14:03 29 Nov 03

I dont tend to use my printer everyday. Probably use it on average about 3 times a week or so. Mainly used just for basic printing ie. web pages and emails, with the option of sometimes printing photos. Are you saying that as i dont use it everyday, that i may have a problem with compatables?
Thanks.

doriena 15:00 29 Nov 03

I can only endorse what Bamber-Gascoigne said about Choice Stationey. I have been using them for asome time with no problems whatsoever
Doriena

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…