A printer for draft text

Ellen G 16:51 26 Jun 06

I've read the reviews in PC Advisor but don't know which of two HP deskjets would suit me best.

I need a printer primarily for Office applications and make great use of the lowest (draft) setting. Does anyone know if the 6940 is superior to the 5940?

If it makes no difference. I'll buy the cheaper.

Thanks,

Ellen

Pamy 16:59 26 Jun 06

If its only draft copy your interested in ,then buy the cheapest.

DieSse 17:06 26 Jun 06

I agree - buy the cheapest. Whatever you do, don't be tempted by an Epson for draft quality printing - on all the ones I've ever seen the quality is abysmal - whereas on HPs, even the "fast-draft" setting is quite acceptable.

DieSse 17:07 26 Jun 06

I agree - buy the cheapest. Whatever you do, don't be tempted by an Epson for draft quality printing - on all the ones I've ever seen the quality is abysmal - whereas on HPs, even the "fast-draft" setting is quite acceptable.

Ellen G 17:09 26 Jun 06

I have a HP 930c and draft text is appalling. Trust me. I want something better than what I've got.

€dstowe 17:29 26 Jun 06

We use Samsung low cost laser printers for our general around-the-studio printing. Cheap to buy and cheap to run - much cheaper then inkjets. Had them for years now and they're just now wearing out. Replacing them with up to date equivalents: ML1210 originally, ML1610 replacement.

DieSse 17:35 26 Jun 06

Maybe your 930c is showing it's age. I have a 940c - had it for many years - and I use draft for everything except final printing on important documents. A 930c on draft just shouldn't be that bad.

Ellen G 17:47 26 Jun 06

Thank you for all your thoughts but I'm not really interested in other printers, nor in theories. I'd like to know about the named printers from someone who has actually seen one at work. Who doesn't have to guess. If there is no such person on this forum, so be it. I thought I'd try.

I don't want to buy another printer with poor quality draft text. And my old 930c didn't develop the fault. It was there from the start. It prints as badly now as it did all those years ago.

Ellen

Curio 18:32 26 Jun 06

The Draft print on my Hp 8250 is nearly good as the quality print. Printer not that cheap though

Stuartli 18:44 26 Jun 06

The advice you have been given about laser printers, particularly the Samsung models which are often on offer at around £50, should not be dismissed so rudely or contemptuously.

Such advice is given in good faith and is, in fact, extremely sound.

You can print off masses of text with a laser at a much superior speed output and the running costs will be much lower.

driving man 19:08 26 Jun 06

Like €dstowe I use a Samsung ML1210 for draaught printing. On best quality it is comparable with most inkjets. Just bought a refilled laser toner cartridge from cartridge world at a cost of £25 incl vat The first one was a 3 quarter fill and lasted 3 years. for draught I use toner save setting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…