printer cartridges...

kakasnarta 19:11 01 Oct 03

I have read elsewhere on this forum about replacement cartridges for printers and the good deals you gan get....,last week at a local computer fair one stand was selling mostley printer consumables with what seemed to be an offer not to be missed...on ink cartridges the usual price for my cartridges are approx £20-£25 each this guy was selling 6 cartridges of any comb of black or colour for twenty quid.....or just two carts for eight quid.the make of them is platinum...never heard of them before has anyone tried these?...for eight quid i took a chance havent tried them yet but they seem alright sealed in bags boxed with garentee...
thanks kaka

spuds 23:10 01 Oct 03

Perhaps it would have been better, to have posted this, after you had tried out your bargain purchase.Having items in a sealed bag with a guarantee, doesn't give a very good realibilty test, doe's it.What doe's the guarantee states, and who do you contact?.

pj123 14:51 03 Oct 03

What printer do you have?

keenan 16:27 03 Oct 03
  malgall 18:50 03 Oct 03

i have an epson 760 i only pay about £5 to £6
a cartridge and the photos are still printed out well
so i say try them you will be surprised
at the results

kakasnarta 11:09 04 Oct 03

Ok ...i have now tried one of these cartridges the colour one ......and its fine no difference in quality and colour .My printer is an epson 830u and although the carts are chipped these compatable carts fit fine ,you do get an error message stating non standard cart fitted, but just ignore it...at only £3.33 each if you go for £20.00 bundle you cant go wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…