Printer: Canon ip1300

palinka 13:45 23 Jun 07

A friend just setting up her first PC needs a cheapish inkjet,(ie not above £30 inc postage) with small footprint, for general printing - might include the odd photo, but that's not chief usage. Must also have reasonably priced replacement cartridges.
I've been comparing prices and favour Canon iP1300 - but I'm puzzled that the black cartridge is shown as "optional". Has anyone any experience of this printer, please.
I use a Canon myself.
Others in our shortlist are Lexmark z735 (also with "optional" black) and z640. And finally Epson D78 - but my experience of Epsons makes me wary, especially as this printer may be used infrequently and kept in a rather warm room and these 2 factors affect epson ink usage adversely.
Any advice, please?

TopCat® 18:02 23 Jun 07

Here's a good review of the ip1300 and it also explains why a black cartridge is not included. click here

I have my Epson CS760 in a, usually, warm office and I make sure I use the printer at least once a week to avoid print-head blockages. TC.

palinka 18:31 23 Jun 07

thanks, TopCat®, that's useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…