Printer advise please

textmum 10:25 05 Mar 03

I think my Lexmark Z52 is nearing the end of it's life, it has been used daily and I have been really pleased with it. Just lately anything I print in colour, seems to have lines missing, it has an almost new cartridge and I have realigned print heads. If anyone thinks there is a problem I can correct please adivse me.

Failing this I would like to get a new printer, but am unsure which to go for. It will be used for word processing, graphic work and photo printing. Could probably go up to £200, but would obviously prefer to pay less.

Thanks.

Andsome 10:49 05 Mar 03

You are likely to get umpteen different answers to a question like this, we all have our favourites. Personally I have an Epson Stylus Photo 830. This well within your budget, in fact well under half. I have never yet needed to use the very best setting for photo printing, as it is impossible to see any dot formation at the best but one setting when printing up to A5. I don't normally need photo's larger than this. I really think that your question should be, 'what if any printer should I avoid for my purposes, and WHY'. This way you will avoid being recommended to a hundred different models.

ChaosSystem 16:29 05 Mar 03

One of the best printers to print text in. Also great with colours. Can handle photo prints as well.

Also includes a integrated flatbed scanner which allows for use as a copier.

Price range from £100-£300 depending on model.

€dstow 18:26 05 Mar 03

There is no need to spend anywhere near £200 to get a good domestic or small office inkjet printer.

If you like Lexmarks, look at their £100(ish) printers. For ones a little more economical on the ink side, have a look at Epson C80 or C82.

€d

rct 21:21 05 Mar 03

If you have £200 get two printers! One personal laser like the Samsung ML-1210 £100 or ML-4500 £80 as they are so cheap to run and give superb black and white output.

Then spend the rest on a good photo printer.. at this price I'd opt for Epson... lowest running costs.

rins36 22:03 05 Mar 03

is a brill photo quality printer available for under £100 with the cartridges under £20.00

I wish that i had bought this printer ages ago, well worth the price

textmum 12:18 11 Mar 03

Thank you for your advice, we have decided to get a Canon i850 and will also at a later date get a Samsung laser printer.

PIXARUS 15:12 11 Mar 03

I too am planning to buy a new printer: Mainly for graphic work: Lightfast inks and separate ink tanks are the features that interest me: I would like to have some feedback from users of i850,i550,s850 printers

MUNSI 13:39 12 Mar 03

please help i want to buy a cheap printer. i the epson c65 any good and what is it worth

Goldcroft 13:50 12 Mar 03

rct. I agree. I think it was €d who suggested this in another thread recently. It is certainly the course I will follow when the time comes. Work out how much of your work is text in black and white.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…