//some 3rd party need geo

Print-rite cartridges

Eddie986 20:13 21 Jul 04

Hi! I have tried to contact Print-Rite, many times, through their website only to be be fobbed off with an error: error '80070070'
/email.asp, line 77.
I have a complaint, which follows, regarding a compatible cartridge for my printer, Epson C62, and cannot contact them at all
"I purchased several cartridges from my local supplier for the above printer. On insertion of a colour cartridge and closing cartridge carrier lid your cartridge snapped the ends off both of the cartridge pressure tangs, rendering the printer useless. The printer itself is less than a year old but physical damage is not covered by the guarantee.
I had only, a few days prior to this, replaced the black cartridge with one of yours without any problems. I can only assume this was the wrong cartridge packaged in the correct box although on inspection it did look almost the same as the one I removed, which was a genuine epson cartridge. I would appreciate a prompt reply as my printer is going to have to be replaced in the very near future.
Thank you"
My point is do I have a case for complaint and does anybody have an e-mail contact for print-rite uk.
Please help.

Dorsai 20:23 21 Jul 04

You would seen to have a case for complaint, but then you are also, as the user, expected to pay some degree of attention to what you are doing, as so far as making sure it it the right part.

As to where this line is legally drawn i would not like to say.

But this does show the danger of non genuine parts, whether they be for a printer or any other item.

Several years ago Vauxhall got a bad name for suspension parts breaking, but it eventually turned out that they were fakes, with very good fake labels stuck on, so they looked like the real thing. But they were not the real thing, and they were pants, and they broke.

If i knowingly buy a non genuine item and it goes bad on me then that is really down to me. no-one made me buy the non genuine part, and that's the risk you take.

Eddie986 22:34 21 Jul 04

Valid point, I didn't think of it that way

spuds 23:29 21 Jul 04

The Print-Rite website is down. Try the parent company click here

Stuartli 12:59 24 Jul 04

The Sales of Goods Act applies equally to such purchases as to original cartridges.

If your new car, for instance, comes with Michelin tyres it doesn't stop you replacing them with Pirelli, Continental, Toyo or whatever brand you prefer when they've worn down to the legal minimum thread.

Stuartli 13:00 24 Jul 04

...the tread's the thread....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…