Prices on Memory

amsjrt 18:49 04 Apr 03

Hi guys,

About 6 months ago, the memory price for 256mb DDR Pc2100 costs more than £40 but now only about £22. Is this a good time to buy now, or will it go down any further? Any good on-site to buy? Ebuyer is selling at £21.84 and it seems like a bargain, but is the brand important, whether it is crucial, unbranded or all of them are th same?

Your comments are much appreciated.

chrishillcoat 19:13 04 Apr 03

The brand does make a difference - ones to look out for are Crucial and Corsair. Second to this are 'major-branded' memory, which are pretty good. I'd avoid anything else.

Chris

sil_ver 20:40 04 Apr 03

To lessen the likelyhood of incompatabilities it's best to purchase the same brand and spec of RAM you already have fitted.

TOPCAT® 22:27 04 Apr 03

The most important factor in selecting memory is who makes it.

It's pretty simple actually. Once you have a company that manufactures high-quality, reliable parts and is going to stand behind its product with technical support and customer service, finding the right product for your system is relatively easy.

To fully read Crucial's info click here

amsjrt 22:35 04 Apr 03

Thanks guys. I think I have made up my mine going for Crucial as there seems to be so many praise about it...

Thanks

two00lbwaster 22:37 04 Apr 03

yes i would say bye now as the prices are expected to rise. if you want something to act as memory then most memory will work and do a competant job i wouldn't mix generic modules though which is where your compatibilitys issues will arise

two00lbwaster 22:38 04 Apr 03

buy* compatibility*

Djohn 01:11 05 Apr 03

Yes! buy now. The price on crucial's site has just started to edge up again. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…