pricematching

harps1h 16:19 03 May 05

for those interested jessops do pricematch but they will not do it against pixmania or 7day shop as they operate out of guernsey

spuds 16:40 03 May 05

All to do with offshore companies ;o)

pauldonovan 14:10 04 May 05

...I've saved hundreds with them off their list price and much prefer having a branch to go into rather than some faceless internet store.

Kellogg 20:46 04 May 05

I must admit I wasn't aware of this. Do Jessops advertise this pricematch policy in their shops?

oresome 20:54 04 May 05

They do advertise that they will price match local competition, within a few miles of the store.

There doesn't seem to be a consistent policy re price matching internet retailers.

wint 06:50 05 May 05

They price matched an Olympus camera from Amazon .co .uk in December.

The price difference was so big that they didn't (couldn't) meet the price totally but were within £20. I do buy regularly from Amazon but for a camera, Jessops staff are friendly, knowledgeable (from my experience) and do good value extended warranty/insurance. Also have occasional offers such as buy one CF card & get another free when buying a camera.

pauldonovan 08:45 05 May 05

..because they can go in and speak to a real person about what camera would suit them best and Jessops have to be one of the best places to advise on that.

Then they can have a play with it.

Then they can find the lowest price on pricerunner.com for both the camera and the card.

Then Jessops can (and in my experience of 3 branches) always will (except off-shore prices).

Regards,

Paul

Pauper 00:27 07 May 05

I had a good deal on a Nikon D70 with the 18-70 kit lens from Jessops. It was down to £740 in the easter sale (£100 off), plus further reduction with Nikons cashback of another £100 off. Even with the sale reduction Jessops still pricematched Currys 'online only' price of £610.

Absolutly superb and yet again very nice service from the Bedford branch.

Pooke100 12:16 07 May 05

Hmm think I will use Jessops when I am getting my new camera. It'll be in a few months though.

Regards

P

bruno 22:35 07 May 05

I bought a new camera from Jessops 6 weeks ago and although they would not match Amazon and Pixmania,when I said Dixons oline were the same price I wanted they were quite happy to match.I always try to buy from them as the staff are excellent(in Eastbourne,anyway).I have four cameras from them and I would not go anywhere else.There reasons for not price matching Amazon(American) and Pixmania(French).

pauldonovan 13:11 08 May 05

...as Amazon UK isn't american! I guess overall its an american company but they have bases here. I can see the point with Pixmania, 7 day shop etc. but I don't get it with Amazon. What if a french company bought DIxons - they wouldn't match then?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…