Does anyone know of UK based price watch sites, besides

Kelkoo - click here

or

Pricerunner - click here

Sir Radfordin 16:11 23 Nov 03

Dealtime - click here

I often just put:

Buy item

into google click here and see what it comes up with.

SEASHANTY 16:14 23 Nov 03

You can always checkout CIAO Price Comparison Engines click here

Stuartli 17:52 23 Nov 03

click here

or key the relevant words into google.

Such sites take a percentage of the order's value if you go to an online retailer via their links.

You can work out what the recommended sites are and then go direct if you prefer, especially as I have discovered on numerous occasions that some price watch type websites don't necessarily find you the cheapest deal or list all those around.....:-)

minter 19:02 23 Nov 03

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Just thought that a few more sites might make it a little easier to choose a retailer.

As Stuartli says the sites tend to have their own favourites. I noticed that with Kelkoo and Pricerunner but with what I have now it might make it easier to pick the wheat from the chaff.

Have to be very careful, it can be so easy to finish up with burnt fingers.

I usually use a few retailers I have, with experience, learnt to trust. The problem is that they do not sell everything I'm looking for, so I am having to spread my net a little further.

One of the best ways of finding the good, the bad, and the downright ugly is with forums similar to this, but you still have to read between the lines. You have to remember that someone who has been stung is more likely to post than someone who is happy.

It never fails to amaze me the amount of knowledge that forums tend to produce.

Rayuk 19:37 23 Nov 03
  Stuartli 09:22 24 Nov 03

It's not so much sites tending to have their own favourites, but more to do with the retailers they are able to set up mutually beneficial arrangements.

An analogy is the massive use of debit and credit cards - the retailer has to pay a (usually fixed) percentage of a sale's value to the debit/credit card company for the convenience of guaranteed payment for the goods.

That's why many retailers won't accept such cards for smaller purchases, such as under £5 or £10, as the card commission often equals all the profit involved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…