//some 3rd party need geo

the price is right?

shamz 19:48 18 Oct 04

do you think that computer parts and computer products are over priced? i think they are i and don't get why are they so over priced!!!

davidg_richmond 19:58 18 Oct 04

Most computer stores make 10-20% profit to cover their costs, while sites like eBuyer run on something daft like 1-7% profit on average. So it isn't the stores that make up the cost.

It's all down to development of new technology and construction of high-tech factories employing highly trained staff.

In my opinion computer products are not overpriced.

TomJerry 20:23 18 Oct 04

I think they are under priced considering the complexity of say a Intel CPU. It is far far more complicated than a BMW.

georgemac 07:42 19 Oct 04

Hardware is very good value for money in my opinion

some software is good value for money, some is not. Some is the right price given what it can do (for instance paint shop pro) but not good value if you purchase this and only use it to get rid of red eye in photos.

spuds 10:16 19 Oct 04

You will usually find that the price is what the market will absorb, and what profit margin,s the retailer/wholesaler/manufacturer require.You only need to see the price increases/reductions on things like memory chips.

It always pays to shop around before that final decision is made on where you money ends.A further factor is delivery charges, some companies charge excessivelly for this, when others offer cheap or even free delivery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…