Price match

neko 13:55 02 Dec 03

Hey all,

Just to say that I rang Overclockers to see if they would price match Dabs on a DVD RW and got a
"NO we wont" and that was it!!

What ever happened to manners and an explanation as to why?

It was £6.84 difference, not a lot but worth trying for. The response was as if I should not of dared to ask!
Are we not the ones keeping them in business?

On a brighter note, those people at Multivision are very helpful when I have rung up!!

So if anyone from Overclockers is reading this try calling them to see how to talk to your customers!!
I will now get off my soap box :)

minter 18:54 02 Dec 03

Which "Overclockers" are you referring to.

I deal a lot with click here and they are very good.

Reasonable prices (not necessarily the cheapest), next working day delivery, a very good after-sales policy (Dabs cannot claim that under any circumstances - see these forums), and a helpful staff.

I have always found them to be not only curteous but very helpful as well.

In fact when I had a problem in March-May they sent numerous e-mails and phone calls, spending hours, to sort it out for me.

If in fact it was the same "Overclockers" then they must have been having a very bad day.

Overclock.co.uk do not offer "price matching" because they offer something that Dabs most certainly do not, and that is helpful advice.

Advice in choosing the correct parts can save a lot more than a couple of quid discount. Taking time over the phone to be helpful is worth its weight in gold these days.

As you can see I can only speak the highest praise for them.

neko 19:05 02 Dec 03

Minter you certainly defend them strongly so i will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Lets see if Dabs deliver! as you say the forums are interesting regarding dabs.

Thanks for replying

minter 19:09 02 Dec 03

It is a funny thing - life.

I have seen good reports about some firms, and then personally find that they stink.

I suppose if we were all perfect it would be a miserable place to live.

minter 19:15 02 Dec 03

Neko, if you take a look at my posting click here
you will see that there are good as well as bad.

I'm not always lucky with my purchases, or my choice of supplier, but I try to pick the wheat from the chaff.

Trouble is that you have to learn from experience. It's an expensive business.

neko 19:23 02 Dec 03

Thats good to know I have a NEC 1760NX!!!

Like you say some good some bad.
I think I was caught off gaurd this morning as I was in a friendly and good mood and not ready for abruptness.
Poor bloke was probably having a bad day lol.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now