Prevx anti-spyware

S5W 18:41 18 Jun 04

Does anyone on this forum have any personal knowledge of this software product which can be downloaded free from the Prevx website?

Apparently it uses a 'new' method of stopping spyware from infecting computers and is aimed at the new types of nasties coming to us soon.

It all sounds a bit draconian to me, but usually I am wrong.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:12 18 Jun 04

In the interests of the forum hive mind I have downloaded this proggie and will give it a whirl ;-)))) The interface is excellent, quite impressive really. As I do not run a firewall :-))) this should be intesting to see what it stops.

G

Forum Editor 22:51 18 Jun 04

Devotion to duty above and beyond the call, it does you credit.

I'm interested to hear what you think about this, as no doubt are the tens of thousands of forum members who wait with bated breath.

Forum Editor 00:00 19 Jun 04

so I'vew downloaded and installed Prevx onto a spare machine. I notice that the download is a beta version, and I imagine it will change before the final release. So far it's doing its job well, but we'll see.....

Belatucadrus 00:10 19 Jun 04

Only works on XP and W2000

acfc 07:20 19 Jun 04

I sihned on to ask the same question.

Has anyone who has been using the commercial version previously any comments to add?

spuds 10:26 19 Jun 04

A bit more info about Prevx click here

livewire 11:03 19 Jun 04

Looks Great!

I assume this program has a realtime Spyware scanning engine?

I am downloading it now, as I already hav NIS 2004, Would it be worth just keeping the program for its realtime spyware engine?

livewire 11:33 19 Jun 04

Hmmm....

I installed onto two Windows XP machines and recieved an error:

'Prevx is unable to connect to the local service'

Is anyone else expierencing this?

anchor 11:55 19 Jun 04

Thanks to those brave souls who are trying it. I look forward to hearing your reports.

Home site

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:53 19 Jun 04

Well, the programme seems OK. It takes about 10 seconds to sort itself on from a cold boot but ho-hum. Apparently it has stopped 12 intrusion attacks. I have a feeling that most of these were when I was fiddling about in msconfig as it tended to go a bit wild asking if I wanted programmes that I had shut down, to be allowed.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…