Praise for Virgin Net

xquest 23:45 23 Apr 03

Some good news for a change. I opted for Virgin Net broadband when I saw that my local BT exchange was enabling broadband. The modem etc all arrived with advance warning by email. No problems installing, but whilst I could connect there was no response from the V.Net server. For the first time ever I used the phone line (50p a minute) and spent about 6 minutes whereupon Virgin Support said he'd ring me back. He then spent an hour on the phone trying everything possible. They reluctantly decided that it was a BT fault. The next day I went on holiday for a week. When I came back all was well and I connected at 576 kps. Then the phone rang - Virgin Net seeing how things were. I guess that BT had given the wrong 'enabled' date to Virgin.

Why Virgin in the first place? I've got several small charity web sites on their Freespace and just didn't want the hassle of changing all the links and email addresses etc if I went elsewhere. And they have always responded to my emails within a couple of days or so.

A satisfied customer.

marble 20:12 24 Apr 03

Been with Virgin for about 6 years - think they are great - have never been let down and have received great help on the few occasions I needed it.

Have recommended Virgin to lots of folks during that time.

If I win the Lotto I'll go on to their broadband opion.

marble

Dave Bowman 20:59 24 Apr 03

Superb ISP, never had a problem with them.

I've recommended them to disgruntled customers of other ISP's and they have never looked back.

artist 14:32 25 Apr 03

Yep! Excellent service from them to me, too!

kevmof 23:31 27 Apr 03

we had virgin (dialup) for years, then they just became awful. Took ages to connect, very slow loading times etc, customer service was no help. Eventually decided to move to broadband, but virgin couldnt do this due to technical problems with their website, and wouldnt change our package over the phone, after months of trying to change to broadband, eventually gave up and moved to BT openworld, which has (touch wood) been absolutly brilliant. I wouldnt reccomend virgin to anyone!! still, im sure BT have been truely awful to other people too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017