Praise for Technoworld

Sir Radfordin 12:52 25 Nov 03

click here

Ordered a Samsung X05 from Technoworld on Friday over the phone. Delivered Monday afternoon and works as it should. Perhaps praiseworth there but always nice to have a transaction work out.

Checked their website this morning and saw the price of the Samsung X05 had fallen by about £40. Feeling a bit annoyd (not that much as Barclaycard have a price promise!) thought I would email Technoworld and see if they would refund the difference.

Had an email back in less than 1hr saying couldn't do that as they'd paid a higher price (which I accept) but would be happy to send out a free USB Floppy Disk drive to me.

When buying anything you have to expect prices to change its just part of life. However here is a company that have made some effort to compensate for that. Nice to know they care about keeping their customers happy.

This is the second laptop I've purcahsed through them and can only recommend them to you. If I worked for them do you think I would be paying for kit??

spuds 18:34 25 Nov 03

If you are going to claim the difference from Barclaycard, beware of the bonus gift. I do not know if Barclaycard try to recooperate some of the difference from the retailer.Might be worth looking into this.

Sir Radfordin 19:01 25 Nov 03

Its an interesting point, quite how they do it I guess we'll never know. Perhaps they make so much money by getting people into debt that it pays off?

With 60 days to claim I'll wait and see what else happens to prices!

beeuuem 19:15 25 Nov 03

The conditions at click here
say
"If you buy a branded item with a Barclaycard, then find it cheaper AT ANOTHER RETAILER, simply call us and we will refund the difference."

The cycnic in me feels that B/C will say that a reduction by the seller after your purchase doesn't count - but I'd love to be wrong.
Do tell if you succeed.

Sir Radfordin 19:29 25 Nov 03

Very same thing had crossed my mind, as with all things where a company has to make such payments I'm sure they will have thought of everything!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…