In praise of some online PC component suppliers

Red Devil 11:41 17 May 07

Hi all,

As this forum tends to be a platform for people to share their negative experiences with companies they have bought products and services from - and I have done this myself several times over the years, most noticeably with Watford Electronics/Savastore - I thought I'd share some recent positive experiences I've had with 4 online PC component suppliers.

Firstly I bought a number of products from Dabs.com click here as they were the only place I could find that had what I wanted in stock. I had been loath to use them as I had issues with them in the past but I was pleased to find that the whole process went off as smooth as silk and the products I ordered duly arrived the very next day despite my ordering them at gone 4 in the afternoon.

Secondly, I've found Novatech click here to be a great supplier as every product I've ordered from them has turned up within a day or so of being ordered and they've been my proferred supplier for a while now.

Thirdly, I had occasion recently to use Overclockers click here who I was more than pleased to find automatically reduced the price of delivery for some parts I ordered when I changed the delivery time to a day when I was day off. I've found some companies won't do that and you have to check carefully that you're not being diddled on delivery charges.

Lastly, I had a similar experience to Overclockers with E-Buyer click here& and would happily use them again as well.

So, there you go. Four suppliers that I'd happily reccommend to anyone.

Totally-braindead 13:19 17 May 07

I agree with 3 of your 4. I'm afraid I wouldn't use Ebuyer again. Won't go into it but a bad an extremely drawn out experience. Novatech I must admit are my favourites, best customer service I've even seen of any company.

Carpigiani 13:58 17 May 07

It goes to show that it is all down to personal experience.

I would rate Ebuyer as excellent.
I have never had a single problem with Ebuyer over several years of using them.
Even their returns/refunds policy has worked perfectly well for me.

Out of that list only Dabs came up short when I had to return a faulty graphics card several times & when they eventually agreed to a refund it took them months to actually pay it.

Shortstop 14:03 17 May 07

I'm the same as Carpigiani - great service from ebuyer; lousy returns problems with Dabs..

But this is a thread detailing good service, so I would also add click here & click here

BR

Paul

Stuartli 14:03 17 May 07

I've haven't used Novatech, but never had a problem with e-Buyer and, in the case of Dabs, with whom I've been dealing since 1988 when it was based in Leyland, just one unhappy note to report despite dozens of deliveries over the years.

That was about nine years ago...:-)

Scan of Bolton have provided similar excellent, fast service, whether on a personal visit or courier.

grumpygramp 14:19 17 May 07

Amazon uk, novatech , broadbandbuyer , and printcartridge.net are the four that I find excellent

jimv7 15:15 17 May 07

Just bought on behalf of a friend, a dvd player (mpeg enabled) from svp, the unit was found to be faulty, wouln not play mpeg files.

Emailed svp and an rma was issued, 2 days later a new dvd player was delivered and the faulty one collected, and all at no charge.

I can highly recommend svp, and no I don't work for them, just a satisfied customer.

appletrees 21:34 17 May 07

I too recommend ebuyer, Novatech, Crucial, Overclockers and 7 Day Shop, and for inkjet cartridges, I'd add Choice Stationery Supplies.

Europa 19:05 18 May 07

Definitively Novatech, Choice stationery, Amazon Uk,Dabs. Outside computing, Tesco is good for buying groceries online and home delivery.
Ebay can be good if you know what you're doing.

bigsnackajacker 18:02 19 May 07

I would recommend Dabs, their narrow down facility when looking for a specific product is great, and they have massive range. Their prices for components aren't the cheapest though.

i think you learn from experience and stay with who looks after you, for nearly 12 months i have used a company i thought were fantastic, and due to a recent experience i wont be using them again. they let me down despite taking over three grand off me. so now i use someone else. it's all about how you find them personally, and nobody can please everyone all of the time and no company is perfect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5