In Praise of Scan Computers

1514 09:36 17 Sep 04

I would like to let the members of this forum know of the fast and efficient service that I have recieved from "Scan Computers". I bought a motherboard, Sata hard drive and two sticks of 512Mb memory. After a month or so I started to get "BSOD's" and "Seriouse errors". Microsoft asked me to send a report, which I did and they then suggested that my memory was at fault and would I like to download a test programme for the memory. The test showed faulty memory and I cotacted Scan Computers. Their service was just brilliant with helpfull people at the end of the phone. I was only computerless for two and a half days and I could not of had better service from anyone. Thank you Scan Computers

Diodorus Siculus 10:44 17 Sep 04

Good news - I have purrchased a few of their "today only" deals and have been impressed by cost and speed of delivery. Good company!

Urotsukidoji 11:12 17 Sep 04

they are excellent, when i self built my pc they mistakenly sent me me the wrong HS for my cpu (it was when the new HT P4's came out, one phonecall and 1 day later (!!!!) had the correct item in my hands

top company, and good value to boot!

Stuartli 12:47 17 Sep 04

I've been dealing with Scan for many years - have even visited their outlet at the rear of the Reebok Stadium in Bolton several times - and the speed and efficiency of deliveries is first class.

However, once or twice in the past, when having to return items for one reason or another, it has proved a bit of a bind, just as with dabs etc.

Hopefully, judging by Urotsukidoji's experience, things have looked up on the returns side...:-)

The TodayOnly page is, indeed, well worth keeping an eye on.

-Beb- 21:02 17 Sep 04

Ive had terrible problems with Scan and I will never purchase from them again. However, that could just be a single bad experience for me.

Gaz W 15:24 18 Sep 04

I keep getting their cheap network cards - cheapest I've found anywhere if you can go there yourself. I've found their postage costs are a bit high but you can't beat their prices for some things.

I also bought my motherboard there over a year ago and it was the cheapest anywhere by far (I think by about £20) - without it even being on offer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5