Praise For Scan

bfoc 16:21 15 Jun 06

I have often used Scan and especially their Today Only offers click here.

Last Friday I placed an order for three items which arrived on Monday. It was immediately clear that I had misread the dimensions (size/weight) of one item. I phoned and was very quickly given an RMA number by email. As it was my fault I knew that I had to pay for the return and so arranged for it to be collected yesterday.

Later on Monday I realised that there was a fault on a different item in the order. I emailed and quickly received an RMA number for this item, with a request to let them know (within a 3 hr window) when I wanted the item picked up.

Both items were collected on Wednesday and I have received an email for each item today, confirming that I will be receiving a refund.

It is simple to track a return on their website and to see when it has been 'checked' (if needed) and a fault found. I know it will take a few days for the refund to be credited to the credit card but even so it is an extremely fast turnaround.

So a pat on the back to Scan.

spuds 17:07 15 Jun 06

One of the problems with Scan, is their delivery charges for small items. If they sorted this out, then I too would be a very happy potential customer.

bfoc 19:58 15 Jun 06

But their delivery charges for very large items are cheap!

Also for those who live nearby they do offer a collect service, which is unusual. Unfortunately for me it is a bit far.

Stuartli 13:48 16 Jun 06

I've been dealing with Scan for many years, both online and occasional personal visit as it's only a 30 minute drive.

Only once has an faulty item been delivered (a motherboard) and it was replaced without quibble twice (the replacement had the same fault).

On occasions a number of us get together to take advantage of Scan's offers and make one large order.

No matter how large the order, it has always contained the exact items requested.

vector 17:03 16 Jun 06

My experiences were not so great.

I ordered a KISS player a while back. It was ok for a few months then stopped reading discs. I contacted Scan for support but was referred to a number in Holland. Unfortunately I had trouble understanding what both of the guys were saying that I spoke to so gave up there and resorted to email. They admitted the drive was faulty but referred me back to Scan.

Scan then collected and sent not a repaired unit but pre-damaged (no sign of damage on outer box) one. That was collected and the next replacement was an inferior model (no HDD). On the third attempt I got a working replacement unit of the correct model.

I can appreciate they must have happy customers, every company that continues to do business must have them otherwise they wouldn't be in business yes? I regretably won't be purchasing from them in the near future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…