//some 3rd party need geo

In praise of Netgear

Al94 11:46 01 Mar 04

I have been having problems intermittently with my broadband connection dropping, eg last week the modem refused to synch for several hours each evening from around 5 pm.and periodically drop during the day. Modem is Netgear DG824M wireless modem router, ISP is Nildram who sent BT engineer out to test the line which they found to be within acceptable limits but with the Netgear kit connected, there was an increase of 7db in the noise on the line wich BT said would certainly cause problems taking it to 64db which they say is too high. I have to accept this as I don't know.

On contacting Netgear support, they ran through a few options including checking that firmware had been upgraded to the latest (which I did last October when I got the modem) and them immediately advised they would sent me out a new modem router and I should return the old one within 10 days of receipt. Great service.

I will update on how this works out, this gives me great confidence in Netgear as this appears to be a model of how a problem should be dealt with.

If anyone has observations on this issue I would be keen to hear as there are those who would say that BT can be quick to blame others!

byfordr 15:21 01 Mar 04

Have brought the Netgear 824m and dg834g off them and have nothing but praise. You easy and quick to set up, and at a reasonable cost. Not had to use the helplines yet, but from people who have I have heard nothing but praise.

Companies like this and Crucial are the model of how companies should behave.

Al94 09:18 05 Mar 04

Just as they promised, a brand new sealed in the box modem/router arrived two days late by Fedex with a returns authorisation for the faulty one to be returned within a 20 day period. Excellent service from Netgear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…