Praise for Maplin

terryr48 10:04 14 Sep 04

I ordered a load of stuff from Maplins at 4.00pm yesterday-arrived today at 09.37am-How's that for efficient service? pity a few more online retailers aren't as sharp.

€dstowe 11:53 14 Sep 04

Maplin is fine. Their delivery agents are not.

Over a week ago ( Monday 30 Aug) I ordered a TV aerial. The same day I was sent an email stating my aerial had been despatched. In that email was a parcel tracking number for the company DHL. The following day I tried to trace the package. The number I had been given referred to a parcel sent November 2003 to Canterbury (not where I live). Thinking Maplin had made an error, I contacted them and they told me that everything was in order their end and I should receive the package the following day. I didn't. I used the parcel tracking number again and it still said the same thing as previously. Giving them be benefit of the doubt, I waited until early Thursday morning and again checked the tracker. Ahh, a development. The tracker had been updated. I read that my parcel was in Horndean (my local DHL depot). I thought (unwisely as it turned out) that my aerial would be on the van that day. It wasn't. Nothing happened Friday either. I finally received the package yesterday.

This is DHL's so-called 1 - 3 day delivery service.

Come on Maplin, This doesn't do your reputation any good. Sort DHL out or change to a better courier.

JAN-BOY 14:57 14 Sep 04

Sorry edstowe about your delivery but my own experience was the same as terry48.

Ordered late afternoon and delivered 10-00am the next morning in Devon. Thats excellent service in my book.

€dstowe 15:34 14 Sep 04

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Maplin. Their service to me with small orders via Royal Mail has always been spot on. It's the "relaxed" attitude of DHL that got my goat.

terryr48 18:21 14 Sep 04

I have to say I have never had a problem with DHL, stuff I have ordered from Novatech who also use DHL has always arrived on time as well,perhaps its down to management at different branches, but I can only speak as I find. If I had a complaint which wasn't sorted I would soon let everyone know equally if praise is due I like to share that as well

smokingbeagle² 18:47 14 Sep 04

To my certain knowledge, Citylink and Parcelforce re-use the tracking numbers.Apparently DHL as well. Usually takes upto 24 hours for them to update their website with new collections / deliveries. I have yet to come across a consistently good courier company.

spuds 20:01 14 Sep 04

Maplins a great company to deal with, but my local store tends to run short of special offers very rapid.Make me think whether this is a come-on or not at times.

Regarding deliveries, I generally find DHL [Securicor Omega] and City-Link first class couriers. ParcelForce get my no confidence vote, most of the time.

terryr48 22:54 14 Sep 04

My "local" store is 60 miles away so I only go occassionaly when the missus wants to go to Lakeside shopping Centre- I can drop her off and spend an hour or so looking round the store.
the staff are very helpful and 9times out of 10 if they don't have any specials left you can get them from their online store.
P.S will only have to go 40 miles next month as a new store is opening in Chelmsford.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…