In praise of Computer World and Advent

ComputerJunky 00:22 06 Oct 04

Just had to post some praise on here to the staff at my local Computer World and the manufacturers of there home brand Computers Advent.

About 4 months ago i bought an Advent Athlon 64 computer specs as follows
Athlon 64
2*160 gb hd
256mb geforce fx
dvd rw
multi memory card reader
This machine is being used as the server on my network running windows xp home and i have to say it was the best thing i ever got it really is a fantastic well built machine they look great too.

I have used pc world since 1999 when i bought my first brand new computer a compaq pesario 500mhz
and since then i have used them on many occasions i find there prices reasonable and they never argue when i take something back.

There is only one downside i tend to know more than the staff about what i need so i dont really ask for help although they always offer and i have never taken out extended warrantys either......because although i do buy branded systems im also i competent machine builder upgrader myself do it in my spare time for fun and for friends.

anyways enough of my ramblings just wanted to give praise where its due.

oh and BTW ADVENT if you read this how the hell do i get a replacement power adaptor for a 15inch flat panel monitor of yours please LOL ?

ajm 01:21 07 Oct 04

Are you mistaking Computer World for PC World. I believe that Advent is a own-brand computer name for PC World?

On the other hand, I may be wrong

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…