Praise for Amazon again

superhoops 20:08 27 May 09

These Amazon guys are amazing. Always had brilliant service from them but the latest is astounding.
I ordered a book about 3pm on Bank Holiday Monday this week. I opted for the free postage which is supposed to be 5-7 days. It was delivered this morning (Wednesday). And it was £7.50 rather than the recommended £16. Can't get much better than this.

Forum Editor 23:49 27 May 09

Amazon shows other online retailers how to do it. I ordered three books at ten o'clock last Thursday night and they all arrived at 7:30 on Saturday morning, just over thirty three hours later.

Not remarkable by Amazon standards, except that they told me one was out of stock, and not expected to be despatched for another two weeks.

Colin 13:39 28 May 09

I always select free postage with Amazon and have never waited longer than 3 working days to receive the goods. I find them one of the best online retailers to deal with.

interzone55 15:34 28 May 09

Many years ago I ordered a book from one of the mail order book clubs.

The day after I posted the order the book arrived. Truly stunning service as they can't have received my order by the time they despatched it.

A couple of weeks later I got another copy of the book, but only one invoice, so the first book must have been despatched by some benevolent psychic at Book Club Associates...

ventanas 15:59 28 May 09

Ordered at 4.30pm yesterday. I didn't want the book to come today as no-one in and the dog will get it, so deliberately left it late.
It still came this morning, and the dog got it.
Fortunately very well wrapped and only wrapping got destroyed. Chihuahuas only have little teeth.
The service really is outstanding.

BT 17:08 28 May 09

About time you got a cage to catch the post to keep 'little teeth' at bay - or alternatively to put the dog in ;-)

spuds 00:04 29 May 09

Amazon MarketPlace (third party) can be just as good. I order many various things, mainly books,dvd's and cd'd that way, and have never been let down yet for speed of delivery or customer satisfaction.

jack 12:21 29 May 09

Thou I was dismayed at how the price seemed to escalate at every page.
Ordered a luggage item[Kluge travel bag] on the 11th
The print out from Sacks and Such in Salt Lake City
gave delivery estimate May 27 - June 11
First delivery attempt May 21st [out all day] second delivered 10 am 22nd]
10/11 days from middle of America.

But a little pricey by time airfreight was added
A good piece of kit how ever- to replace the existing 30 year old Kluge now worn out.

cruiser2 16:19 31 May 09

Amazon are brilliant.
Ordered a DVD from Amazon for a friend as she hasn't got a credit card on Friday afternoonafter 3.00 p.m. This was the first time I have used Amazon although I have bought from other companies online using my credit card.
Paid the extra £7.50 for special delivery. On Saturday morning at 10.00 a.m. the small parcel arrives safely.
Had a vefy bad experience witha mail order company two years ago. Order place at end of January saying up to four weeks delivery. Contacted them in March. Told they were waiting for delivery. Cancelled order but was then told goods had been despatched. Three weeks later they arrived.
This company are still advertising in some of the national newspapers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…