Powerpoint slides by Bluetooth on a smart TV?

goffer23 15:22 21 Jan 14

Is it possible to play a PowerPoint slide show from a laptop on a smart TV using Bluetooth? I have a Samsung smart TV and run Windows 7 with Office 2010 - connectivity between my laptop and the TV runs OK.

aitch2 13:35 14 Feb 14

Just picked up your question so hope this helps. If you have a HDMI connection on your laptop, you can connect it to the smart TV and can play the presentation without any problems. Choose the input on your remote and you can play it that easily. You can configure the Bluetooth with your TV and is probably a bit more fiddly. However, you can also set up your network (you have probably already done this to enable your TV for the internet etc.) and play the presentation through you computer on the TV that way. You also have the other method to use the Samsung "Allshare" program (download from thee Samsung APP site, but might already be installed on your TV); put the presentation in that folder and play it through that. If you have a Samsung mobile phone then most of those less than 3 year old will allow you to control the TV etc. with that. I use a 3metre HDMI from the laptop to the TV and this avoids all the "faffing" about, and saves me from going to next door's 4-year old to solve the problems. Your set up is almost the same as mine and I don't get many problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…