Power House close 15 Stores

Jimmy05 22:26 02 Feb 06

Hi all, Just thought I would post that Powerhouse has closed another 15 Scottish stores... This leads to believe that the Guarantees will no longer be useable.

Does anyone know for sure if 15 is all their Scottish stores or just some.. and what will happen with the Guarantees... I am sure there will be alot of other people in the same situation?

~Jimmy

GaT7 22:32 02 Feb 06

Aren't guarantees primarily honoured by the manufacturers, or am I missing something? G

PS - or do you mean Powerhouse's own extended guarantees?

Jimmy05 22:35 02 Feb 06

Yeah sorry I am talking about the Power House Extended Guarantee - 3 Years left as I just bought a dvd/VCR recorder last month.

As you say manufacturer guarantee - at least that will be safe for 11 months :)

GaT7 22:42 02 Feb 06

I'm not sure what to say, but I do hope things turn out OK for you & the many affected. G

The situation isn't too bright in Wales as well. Just found this in Google news click here:

"Furious customers descended on a store after it closed without warning - leaving them to rummage through the back of a lorry for their fridges and cookers.

Customers arrived at electrical store PowerHouse in Cardiff Bay Retail Park yesterday to find it locked and in darkness..."

Jimmy05 22:54 02 Feb 06

Yeah and that is a bigger point - the people who are yet to receive their goods... because the stores closed without notice.

Well I hope everthing works out ok for everyone involved but by the sound of it They are closng nationwide(?) So that will cause a lot of problems.

Well thanks Crossbow7.

And if any Powerhouse customers want to tell their point please do.

spuds 23:31 02 Feb 06

If you purchased your goods via a credit card or through a finance deal, then consult the provider of the original finance deal. You may have some course of action available under consumer laws.

The manufacturers warranty could be limited to twelve months or more, so best to check this out, for further peace of mind.

Jimmy05 23:37 02 Feb 06

Hi thanks.unfortunately I paid by cash, So I guess I am stuck with it. I checked the Sony guarantee and its only for 12 Months (but at least its something).

So heres hopeing that it works fine for the next few years. But I wonder how many others will be in the same situation and worse ?

Stuartli 10:55 03 Feb 06

Did you see the Which? survey on the top five and bottom five retail outlets in the UK?

Guess which came in the bottom five.....

pj123 12:16 03 Feb 06

Read:

click here

and:

click here

Looks like this is the second time Powerhouse have gone down within a couple of years.

Stuartli 13:34 03 Feb 06

It is.

Jimmy05 13:38 03 Feb 06

Yeah a couple of years ago I think many stores shut down... well the one in my town definetaly did any way... awell My guarantee wont work by the looks of things...

When I remember I bought a Guarantee and it was £22 usually but i was unsure whether to buy it but then they said they could give me it for £15... I now see why because its worthless.

just hope other customers get their stuuf and have not bought these guarantees.. :( Thanks for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…