Posting parcels within the uk from Ebay sales

iqs 16:42 12 Apr 08

Hello All,

Can anyone help with the postage costs for posting parcels,in the UK, I have sold via eBay please.

I need help more so with the weight of the item,and what and how the Post Office work the price.
I have no idea regarding grams and kilograms...

I have two parcels with a combinEd weight of 3974kg,according to my scales
Any help please.
Cheers

ray7 16:47 12 Apr 08
  Snec 17:38 12 Apr 08

All you need to know is weight and size. You can get a kit (to post through varius holes) from the post office.

iqs 17:46 12 Apr 08

ray7 and Snec,cheers

hssutton 19:27 12 Apr 08

3974 Kgs? isn't that nearly 4 tons? or are you scales incorrect

iqs 21:20 12 Apr 08

pounds and ounces in my day.3974 is 3.7kg,no wonder the Royal Mail price finder was having problems with 3974kg's.Thanks hssutton.

spuds 21:56 12 Apr 08

Your usual or any post office should have a free of charge new pamphlet called Pricing Made Easy (RM001 DL April 2008). This should cover all items relating to size and cost.

Perhaps a word of advice or warning regarding selling and delivery costs on eBay. Weigh the item and all packaging before you advertise. Get the price for delivery, plus the cost of packaging, also add an additional amount for your time and inconvenience (it can be very easy to lose money on the sale, due to incorrect delivery charges quoted). If the item(s) are not sent recorded, then obtain a certificate of posting (free of charge) for possible future reference and claims.

If the item is 3.7kg,over 353mm(L) x 250mm(W) X 25MM(D), then possibly expect to pay about £8.22 for it to be delivered.

iqs 21:01 14 Apr 08

again for the help and links,very helpful.Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…