A postal scam to be aware of

TopCat® 21:05 23 Oct 07

You may or may not have heard of this scam doing the rounds. A friend of mine has just sent me the details as follows:

'The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on

0906 6611911 (a premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS (the premium rate service regulator) at click here file:///\\click here>

Please circulate this to avoid anyone else being ripped off.' TC.

Rigga 21:25 23 Oct 07

You can not be billed £15 for placing a phone call.

There are premium rate numbers that cost up to £1.50 a minute, but the scam email you have received is another form of "Chain" email.

Ignore it.

HTH. R.

TopCat® 21:32 23 Oct 07

You surprise me, Rigga. I'll let her know and I suspect it will surprise her too! ;o) TC.

Forum Editor 21:41 23 Oct 07

and obviously still is.

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:15 23 Oct 07

click here and click here should be the first port of call for anyone receiving paranoia emails.

G

FatboySlim71 22:51 23 Oct 07

With the snail pace that the Royal Mail is working at present I would be surprised if this scam isn't outdated before people receive it.

TopCat® 23:54 23 Oct 07

I stand suitably chastised but my first thoughts as usual were for our forum members. Forgive me? TC.

Border View 19:07 26 Oct 07

Done with the best of intentions TC Regards

TopCat® 20:11 26 Oct 07

Keep well and regards to you. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…