Portrait Monitor

strokebow 16:57 20 Jan 09

Hi,

I am looking for a good quality black monitor that I can have set up portrait: this will be used as a secondary monitor.
Additionally, I would like it to have a high contrast ratio and good resolution.
Can anyone offer and suggestions please?

Thanks

hssutton 19:47 20 Jan 09

Not sure what you mean by "good quality black monitor"

There are a number of monitors on the market that will rotate to portrait position. I use the HP w2408h 24 inch which I use for my photoshop work and I'm very impressed with it. As you rotate the screen from landscape to portrait the desktop automatically changes to portrait view.

click here

strokebow 11:31 21 Jan 09

Thanks for your sugestion.

What I mean is a monitor that has good viewing angles whilst in the portait position and it particularly designed for this orientation.

Would 24 inch be a bit too big, can anyone recommend a size and/or model?

Thanks

strokebow 19:31 25 Jan 09

Anyone?

hssutton 08:42 26 Jan 09

The HP is excellent for viewing from extreme angles, but would agree with you about 24 inch being a little on the large size when in portrait orentation.. They do however make smaller sizes. Also have a look at Dell click here

GaT7 18:13 26 Jan 09

VA & IPS screens have the best viewing angles - more info click here. A comprehensive list of monitors with the type of screen technology at click here.

If you find a suitable monitor, but it doesn't have portrait mode buit-in, consider an Ergotron Neo-Flex LCD Stand click here for £30 from Amazon click here. G

strokebow 17:38 05 Feb 09

Dell 24-inch UltraSharp Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor - 2408WFP

I've been looking at this monitor, encourgaed by its resolution and the fact that there are images on the website showing the monitor in the portrait orientation.

However, its a tad too big and a tad too expensive. Can anyone suggest something similar between 20-23"?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced