Portable speakers required

Diodorus Siculus 15:05 03 Feb 06

I'm looking for a set of small portable speakers that I can take with me when travelling and into which I can plug my Creative Zen micro.

Anyone got a suggestion for a set with a good balance between price and performance.

Thanks as always, Dio

pj123 15:25 03 Feb 06

Not sure what you mean by "portable". If you mean not mains powered, I have USB speakers connected to one of my PCs but the output is terrible.

I would have thought your best bet would be a really good set of headphones.

Diodorus Siculus 15:31 03 Feb 06

I mean small enough to carry around easily and leave on my desk / bedside when in hotels etc.

They need to be small and light and I have seen a few different sets but don't know which are good ones.

Generally they seem to be operated by one or two AA batteries.

wjrt 15:47 03 Feb 06

click here

do google
"MP3 player speakers"

Joe R 15:48 03 Feb 06

Diodorus Siculus,

These are by no means the loudest speakers i've hear, but for the money, the quality is superb.

click here

pj123 15:51 03 Feb 06

Do you want to give this a try. None of them give actual physical measurments though.

click here

Diodorus Siculus 15:56 03 Feb 06

Thanks Joe R; it's a personal recommendation like that which I'm looking for.

As I said, I've seen a lot of them but haven't heard any - when they are on display in noisy shops, it's hard to get a feeling for what they might do.

Al94 21:18 03 Feb 06

click here
These are the ones to go for, I picked them up for about £30 and the sound is superb, great battery life - I use the with an mp3 player and connect then to lap top when watching dvds. They are truly amazing and you can get them here click here&

Sir Radfordin 23:55 03 Feb 06

Picked up some Ministy of Sound speaker in Dixons (needed there and then!) for about £30 which are up to the task of playing music/dvds in rooms big enough for a badminton court! Can run from mains (heavy adaptor) or battery (4x AA). Have 'mega bass' and some surround sound option that does make a difference. One single unit which the ends push in on to make it about the size of a tin can.

Stuartli 00:02 04 Feb 06

Al94 has beaten me to the suggestion about Creative's portable speakers - the Guinness was calling - but they are highly regarded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…