portable speaker for mp3 player under £20.00?

TomJerry 14:58 17 Nov 04

Can anyone suggest a portable speaker for mp3 player?

I am after something similar to "Creative TravelSound 200" click here but cheaper.

jack 17:33 17 Nov 04

Such small systems - they are systems because it needs to be an amplified signal if the output from the player is the earphone socket - were around for a fiver or so for Walkmen[ tape/disk] these should work for you.

Gaz 25 23:26 17 Nov 04

Basic Creative Speakers: click here

or this

click here

Need more bass?

Try these: click here

Need mega portability?

click here

rickf 09:31 21 Nov 04

click here These look like good value. Hope this helps. At just under £24 I think its very good.

Diodorus Siculus 10:17 21 Nov 04

Tesco have a set that need two AA batteries in each for about £10 - a friend of mine uses them to replace the built in speakers on his laptop and they are pretty impressive. Worth a look if you are in Tesco.

TomJerry 12:10 21 Nov 04

sony and tesco ones are look great.

I will check out Tesco one late.

TomJerry 17:53 25 Nov 04

impressed with quality and loundness of sound it pumps out

Diodorus Siculus 13:18 26 Nov 04

Too late for you, but I have just picked up a pair of speakers from Aldi for £5.99 and for that price they are excellent. I have them plugged into the headphone socket of my laptop and are truly impressed with the sound quality. Nowhere near hi-fi quality but replacing the built-in speaking, they do a great job.

TomJerry 13:55 26 Nov 04

I may go to Aldi to pick up another one if it look nice.

Diodorus Siculus 14:06 26 Nov 04

Well, they are not bad as it goes! But beauty is in the eye of the beerholder as we know, and also in the ear of someone or other with speakers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…