//some 3rd party need geo

portable digital photo storage

Elwell 17:46 04 Oct 05

I should be grateful if someone could recommend portable storage units suitable for downloading digital images from a camera when I'm away so I don't have to have loads of cards. Obviously I would then need to transfer the pictures to a computer when I am at home.

Many thanks

alB 17:52 04 Oct 05

This one looks handy, I've no experience of it , picked it from a search on Google...alB

alB 17:54 04 Oct 05

Here's the link...
click here

Elwell 18:19 04 Oct 05

This looks just the ticket. It must be a new model as it is on their website but doesn't appear to be in their brochure yet. I shall have a look at it.

Many thanks.

Shooting for the moon 21:11 04 Oct 05

Before you spend your hard earned readies consider if you can get your card downloaded to disc at your destination(s). Most decent photoshops abroad can do this for you now. However if you are going into the jungle it might be a problem! Enjoy your holiday.

johnnyrocker 14:09 05 Oct 05

i have a 64 meg card in my cam which allows for some 900 pics which should more than cover any holiday.

johnny.

Elwell 16:49 05 Oct 05

Thanks all.

I want to take quite a lot of high res pics so would prefer something portable to store them on.

Totally-braindead 18:23 05 Oct 05

You could consider a fairly cheap laptop I suppose, you can pick one up new for about the £400 mark, cheaper if you consider a second hand one. Only other thought is one of the media players as they can store photos but the problem is getting the photos onto the device and I'm afraid I don't know if that is possible without a PC. Found a US one that I think is what you want click here got one click here can't comment on how well they work though.

Totally-braindead 18:25 05 Oct 05

Theres some here that do it but I can't recommend any one in particular as I'v never had one click here Good luck with whatever you decide.

The Epson P-2000 & Newly announced P-4000 are awesome PSDs.

There are lots of very cheap and cheerful devices which are just simple disc drives in caddies with a usb bridge.

Have a wander over to the DPreview storage forum, loads of info on there.

Elwell 13:46 13 Oct 05

Thanks to everyone for their advice. Nearly sorted now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…