Poor service from Tiny Computers

Bomber1953 23:32 07 Feb 05

Readers may be interested to hear of the poor service which I have received from Tiny over the last three months:-
Last November I decided to purchase a new PC, and carried out some research. I had almost made up my mind to purchase from a small independent supplier when I read the review of the Tiny 64-3000 PQ in PC Advisor; it looked like good value so I decided to purchase it in November. This itself was difficult, but after several phone calls, numerous failures to ring back, etc., I was given the impression that they didn't want to sell me this PC and I had serious doubts as to whether it really was available., I had almost given up, and in a last effort I informed one of the telesales staff that if they didn't ring me back within the hour to let me purchase the reviewed PC I would be writing to PCAdvisor to ask them why they are reviewing PC's which are not for sale.
This did the trick and within the hour I had secured the order.
The said PC arrived three weeks later ..less the 5:1 speakers. So, I contacted Tiny, and was informed that they would be sent out shortly.
By around the 10th Jan, still no speakers. So I phoned again, 15 mins wait, at 7p per minute, got through but was diverted and cut off, or forgotten about. Tried again, another 15 mins wait only to be told that I needed to be put through to another number, 10 minutes later no answer. Eventually, after numerous calls got someone to tell me that they are out of stock and are waiting for them to come in. It is now February,and still no sign of the speakers. I am reluctant to spend another 15 or 20 mins waiting on the end of the phone at my expense in what I am sure will be failed effort to get any satisfaction, so will now be putting my complaint in writing, copying to PC Advisor.
Frankly, it is my view that their customer service stinks, and I wouldn't recommend anyone buying a PC from this Company.

TomJerry 01:41 08 Feb 05

send a polite letter to explain the problem and also list all phone call cost

send by register mail and demand a solution within a week

if not, get in touch with credit card company to let them know you did not receive the good you paid for using credit card and ask to get refund

as for imcomplete PC, leave it alone, if Tiny wants it, they can get back

once you got money back from credit company, buy from another company

spuds 10:40 08 Feb 05

A majority of these supplied speakers are usually bog standard types. The sort of thing that you can obtain from most suppliers for only a few pounds, much less than an extended wait on a customer support line, and the hassle of waiting.

Tiny have or did have a presence within this forum. Perhaps their representative will pick up this thread and give you a reply. Good luck with your task.

spuds 10:44 08 Feb 05
  Total Care Support 12:14 08 Feb 05

Thanks Spuds for posting my email

Bomber1953 if you could contact me I can look into this for you

please include your account number, order number, or invoice postcode as well as your forum id.

I am sorry that you have not had the level of service that you should expect from us, I will look into this.

The Tiny 64-3000 PQ E10255 was meant to have been reviewed with the E10255 code next to its name, however unfrotunately this was missed out of the review leading to some people experencing difficulties when requesting to purchase it, this has been discussed in the forum before and PC advisor have informed us that they will include E-codes with futher reviews.

Best regards

Daniel Warren

Granville Technology

[email protected]

Arnie 00:33 09 Feb 05

I hope you do look into this Daniel. Unfortunately your customer service is getting some very negative comments from many sources. This is a pity since your computer specs are quite good.

By the way the Stevenage local source for Tiny computers has just closed. (Computer World):- May save someone an unnecessary journey.

Arnie.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…