Poor service from LG electronics

Mutant_Llama 12:50 02 May 06

About 10 months ago I purchased an LG DVD writer from Ebuyer. About 4 weeks ago it packed up so I started on online return to Ebuyer to send it back, and it prompted that I could actually return it direct to LG instead.

Deciding to cut out the middle man I called LG, received a repair order number and returned it to them.

About a week later I called for an update. I was told that someone would come back to me.

A week later I had heard nothing so called again and once again was told that someone would come back to me. Nothing heard.

3 days later I called and complained that I am requesting an update to the repair request but cannot get someone to give me any information, then, you guesse it, I was told that I would have a call back on Friday afternoon (this was about Wednesday).

Being the patient man that I am I Friday came and passed to I left it until Tuesday. Still nothing.

I have called back today and once more complained and again asked that I get an update. Someone is going to call me back. This time I have the persons name and instead of leaving it for days I am going to call back every hour until someone tells me what the hell is going on....

I do like LG products (I have DVD players, TVs etc around my house of their brand) but after this I would seriously reconsider buying from them again....

spuds 19:39 02 May 06

Your original contract is with Ebuyer, so go back to them and explain the situation, after all they directed you to LG for faster service.

Usually dealing with the manufacturer, can speed a repair/replacement procedure, but in your case it appears to have delayed solving the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…