poor customer service at" MICRODIRECT.CO.UK"

nundrey 22:55 03 Mar 05

I purchased an mp3 player for my daughter at Xmas,so that she could use on the bus when going to school.It developed an apparent fault which i asked microdirect for advice.They duly sent me an RMA number.I sent the item back at my own cost.They have had the player for over 4 weeks and have not replied to all my emails. I am just fobbed off with "it still needs to be tested".
I am amazed that in this era of progress it is beyond them to simply plug the player to the usb port and locate the fault!!
What if it was a major purchase for a pc?
I would be without a functioning PC for over a month. "A Complete Farce"

spuds 22:59 03 Mar 05

Possible help click here click here

Forum Editor 23:16 03 Mar 05

of the supply of goods and services to consumers regulations the company must repair the item and return it to you in working order "within a reasonable time".

In my opinion a month is at the limit of what might be termed 'reasonable' in this case, and I advise you to write to Microdirect immediately.

Tell them that unless they return the repaired MP3 player to you within 7 days, or replace it with a new one, you will reject it as being unfit for its purpose and expect a full refund. Tell them that if they fail to acknowledge recipt of your notification, or to respond with a date by which you will have the player (or its replacement), you will report the matter to Trading standards. At the end of your email/letter put the following sentence (without the quotes):

"I reserve my rights in this matter".

nundrey 23:31 03 Mar 05

Many thanks for your reply.Will write letter and send email.Keep you posted.Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos