PLUSNET PROBLEMS

Brundy 12:25 12 Feb 04

I reluctently feel it is time to bring to your attention the problems customers are currently experiencing with Plusnet. Here is just an example of their posting on their service status:

Slow authentication or timeouts when collecting mail via POP3.
* Email delivery delays.
* Slow and intermittent access to Webmail on the portal.
* Customer websites hosted on the homepages server loading slowly.
* Slow authentication when logging into FTP on the homepages server. :

Judging by the number of postings on their Customer Forums a number of people are getting extremely frustrated, & whilst I am fully aware they are doing their upmost to rectify the problems, the situation is becoming unacceptable, after all, we are paying for the service!

Hunte® 14:49 12 Feb 04

Technically all you (and me actually) are paying for is the internet access. The rest are provided free of charge with the internet access.

Plusnet have for a number of years, told their customers about most of the little problems. Sometimes this means that their service actually looks at first glance to be worse than it actually is.

The current problems are all caused by the storage cluster hitting load problems. A fix is being introduced and is scheduled to be installed sometime next week. In the meantime they have introduced a number of temporary measures to try and alleviate the problems.

MichelleC 16:18 12 Feb 04

Offspring 1 has had probs with them, phoned up tech support who talked him thro fix. Now it's a lot better. But I'm migrating service to Metronet soon anyway.

rickf 17:07 12 Feb 04

I have been with Plusnet for a number of years and I do not understand the point of your posting. I am glad that I am with an ISP that is upfront and quickly inform its subscribers of any problems that are existing or are pending. Their customer support, at least, in my experience is satisfactory. If you are not happy with them then you can always switch.

JerryJay 17:19 12 Feb 04

With Plusnet Broadband. Very happy.

Brundy 17:51 12 Feb 04

I am just airing my view on the unsatisfactory service currently being experienced by several Plusnet customers. In particular the slow or timed out authentication when collecting mail or trying to access the 'mail box', & judging by some of the comments in their Discussion Forums, I am not alone on this. This can be particularily frustrating when waiting for important mail to get through & equally frustrating for the sender who is waiting for the reply. This has been happening now for several weeks now, I'm just glad not everyone has found the situation as annoying as I have!!

BeForU 19:58 12 Feb 04

I am using Plusnet myself & although I've been experiencing some of the problems mentioned, i am still happy with their service. They always send email updates regarding any problems that they may have, oh yeah should this not go to my proper Plusnet address, it goes to my alternative email address so i know what is happening. It does get a little frustrating at times but just be glad they still provide a good internet service.

rickf 20:09 12 Feb 04

For me the prob you are experiencing was just a glitch Its sorted on my account.

Worm of Doom 23:28 12 Feb 04

I have also been a customer of Plusnet for just over a year now, and am very pleased with the service they have provided. While there are some problems with the e-mail at the moment, this sort of thing seems to happen very infrequently, and certainly less often than other ISPs I have tried.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…