Plusnet as an ISP?

anskyber 12:22 18 Feb 08

Has anyone here any experience with Plusnet as an ISP? I'm particularly interested in their customer care.

I currently use Zen and in my view they are as good as it gets. The dilemma is I pay £25 pm for 20Gigs of download but I only use about 6Gigs. The next layer down with Zen is 2Gigs.

Plusnet do 8Gigs, perfect for me at £15pm. So the question I am asking myself is does the excellent service from Zen justify £10 pm for peace of mind?

Any comments, I have read reviews on other sites so I am interested in personal experience here.

Rigga 14:13 18 Feb 08

Have used them for around 4 years and have always found their service good. I have not had many problems, but when I have had the odd problem it's been sorted quickly.

They did go through a bad patch a while ago regarding email, but it never hit me.

I have recommended them to others, and they have also had good service.

Going on what I've heard, ZEN are supposed to be about the best. But as I've had no real problems so have never considered changing from PN.

HTH. R.

P.S. if you do go with PN use my Id as a referrer RCCLTD. Cheers.

Taff™ 14:18 18 Feb 08

I know several people with PlusNet and have recommended them to others as I still do. They were bought out by BT a year ago and continue to receive awards for their excellent service. Have a look at their history click here which is a very accurate background article. I would recommend you look at their combined telephone/line rental and BB packages. For your current £25 a month you get 8Gb BB allowance, Line Rental and free Evening & Weekend calls click here

If I ever fall out with Pipex whom I have been with since dial up days, I would switch to PlusNet. At the moment my legacy package is slightly more competitive than their current packages. By the way I don`t recommend them for their very generous "referral scheme" but they are currently offering upto £45 depending on the package taken. Customer service is excellent too.

If you can`t find anyone else to recommend you drop me a PM - I know someone who will and make a donation to charity on your behalf!

trader 15:04 18 Feb 08

Have been with PlusNet for some 4 years and have had few problems which were sorted by a real person promptly & courteously [ in other words they translated my non - geek ] more than satisfactorily.

They are to be well recommended.

Totally-braindead 16:08 18 Feb 08

Been with them a bit less than a year now and service has been good no outages. They do take a while to answer the phone if you wish to phone them but you get a UK based call centre and they are very good, much better than Tiscali who I left because they were useless when a problem arised.
I'm on the 8mb service and get between 3 and 4 meg connection speeds which I consider reasonable as I am a bit away from the exchange. On option 2 so limited to 8 gig per month which is more than enough for me and if theres any large downloads I just do them after midnight as use between midnight and 8am do not affect the 8 gig limit.
I'm happy and would recommend them personally.

Totally-braindead 16:10 18 Feb 08

Oh and the customer service email replies you get do answer what you have asked unlike Tiscali who used to send me total garbage back to queries completely unrelated to what was asked.
And its easy to check how much you have used of your monthly limit to ensure you don't exceed it too and thats handy.

rickf 16:20 18 Feb 08

Have been with them for 5 yrs and so far very good and consistent.

anskyber 19:45 18 Feb 08

Thank you all for the helpful feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…