Plusnet - Getting thru' to customer service.

Praxis99 22:18 26 Aug 05

Was all up for setting up a Plusnet BB a/c but had a few queries so I rang them and found I got a message saying that due to high customer demand waiting times are up to 30 mins. I have tried again and again over the last seven days and got similar messages.

OK its the summer and there probably down a few people on hols but this shows to me that they are either incedibly popular or something is going badly awry re the service they offer. Opinions from current Plusnet users re the above would therefore very much appreciated .

Tim1964 23:59 26 Aug 05

When considering, for e.g. buying a PC or signing up to a new ISP, we are advised by consumer mags such as PCA et al to contact the company as if we were new customers to test the response of their CS depts.

In this case Plusnet appear to have fallen at the first hurdle.

As Praxis99 has discovered, it's not until you need them that you find them lacking if you have already signed up.

TommyRed 20:34 27 Aug 05

I am a plusnet customer and have never experienced what you have described on the few occasions I've had to contact them by phone, normally I e-mail them and get a quite quick response. I can't fault the speed 2Mb for the price though I've increased by download usage and if I go over that they charge me another £1.25 per 1GB I've used, still pretty good for me. About £16.99 per month. HTH TR

TommyRed 20:35 27 Aug 05

I am a plusnet customer and have never experienced what you have described on the few occasions I've had to contact them by phone, normally I e-mail them and get a quite quick response. I can't fault the speed 2Mb for the price though I've increased by download usage and if I go over that they charge me another £1.25 per 1GB I've used, still pretty good for me. About £16.99 per month. HTH TR

canard 16:34 29 Aug 05

Watch 'em on tariffs for new v old customers click here

PurplePenny 18:33 29 Aug 05

I've never contacted them by phone only by e-mail. No problems with their e-mail response time.

Waldoc85 19:19 29 Aug 05

I have been with Plusnet for some two years and have always found the customer service to be acceptable either by phone,email or via their portal. My connection has also been both fast (2mb) and reliable.

Praxis99 22:52 09 Sep 05

Signed up since they seem to offer the best deal I have found for BB at the moment, just waiting for BB to be enabled next week. Phone response is still 'PP' however, touch wood I won't have to use it too often since like many companies they seem to prefer the distancing from immediate response that email offers as opposed to dealing with a human being on the phone in the here and now!

sharkfin 03:37 10 Sep 05

I had to call up plusnet today on their 0845 number. I would get an automated message saying that they were busy and had to wait 10 minutes in queue but each time, I was only on hold for no longer than 5 minutes. seems perfectly acceptable to me.

Taff36 12:30 11 Sep 05

I have also had experience of PlusNet customer service albeit a few months aga and it was spot on. They even reduced their monthly charges after 6 months when they brought out their cheaper deals saving us £6 per month. That`s what I call customer service.

I suspect they may be victims of their own success at the moment. They have got the best deal around at the moment and they must be pulling in customers all over the place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…